Part 4

It's been a few weeks since we've been here and HQ demanded an update. I kept mum about Kaia and allowed Ollie to give the mission update. Basically, nothing. The only update was that the Crimson girl had murdered a few influential people since we've been here. And that means our presence didn't make an impact. Maude and Georgie explained that the hacker reported that she planned on releasing the information tomorrow.

Maude reminds me of the gravity of the situation before they signed off. Ollie was slightly confused because he thought this was strictly about nuclear codes. I allowed him to think that while I went to my team meeting. I put on my "mask" and gave them the fun and giddy Lily that they had grown accustomed to.

Josh was satisfied with our progress and started to make small talk with everyone. Howard comfortably sat back while Peter completed their portion. Kaia would give them an occasional comment since her nose was buried in a textbook. I could tell that she wasn't interested in contributing. Howard then turned to me and widened his eyes. I arched a brow, so he pointed at my neck.

"Cool necklace." He commented.

I looked down and stared at the wooden pendant. I thanked him and quickly put it away, but noticed Kaia's eyes flit down. I was watching as she stared at her computer screen. Yes, just simply stared. Fuck, I think she knows who I am. Peter asked me a question, so I looked his way. By the time I looked back, Kaia had gathered her stuff and left. No one had noticed her leave. Fuck!

I spent the rest of the evening searching for Kaia, but to no avail. I cursed and went back to my room. I then gritted my teeth since the place was trashed. I flipped my desk and kicked the object, breaking it. I sighed and sat on the ground. She raided my cabinets and took all my weapons. Fuck!

I stood up and quickly left for the secret warehouse where I stole a few weapons. I then accessed the computer and used it to trace any security cameras. I watched as Kaia neared my room. She then turned to the camera and smirked before giving it a mocking wave. I lowered my head since my identity was blown and she now knew which Crimson agent was with MI6. I need to inform Maude, but I'm going to try and fix it before I tell her.

I slapped the table and left the room. She'll have another thing coming tomorrow.

X

I had a Swiss pocket knife in my pocket because that's all I really needed. I strolled into the lecture hall to see students chatting or typing on their computers. My eyes roamed the room for Kaia. Before I could properly locate her, shouting was heard. SWAT team people entered the room with their guns raised. They forced everyone on their knees and to raise their hands. The soldiers approached a terrified girl and shouted at her.

One of them shouted that the countdown was from her computer. A man managed to disarm the time bomb and found multiple codes on her computer. They arrested the framed girl and dragged her out the room. The students were terrified and didn't understand what happened. I used the time to look around the room and my eyes locked with Kaia, who smirked at me.

She then snuck past the soldiers and exited. Fuck, she framed the girl and is making a run for it! I said screw it and ran out the room, ignoring the shouting from the soldiers. I slipped into a closet and waited until they ran past it. I then left the closet and ran in the opposite direction. I stopped and looked around, but didn't see Kaia. Where- I saw something move on the third floor. I gritted my teeth and ran to a wall and kicked up it. I then grabbed onto the railing and pulled myself up. I then jumped again and used the fire alarm to climb up. I then jumped and grabbed onto the railing. I managed to pull myself over and dart after her.

I noticed her crossing the bridge to the other side. I gritted my teeth and sprinted down the hall. I jumped on the banister and then lept through the air. I landed and rolled on the other side. I stood just as she made it to the side. We stared each other down before she broke it and advanced towards me.