5

Nikki was even more excited for this party than me. She kept bombarding me with questions about the dress code and who would be there and how would she flirt with Ryan Gosling. I rolled my eyes and told her to get ready since we needed to grab food first. Nikki was the most obedient friend ever when I told her that I got Aspen's number. She wanted to steal the number and spam the actress with ridiculous texts. I told her that was one of the ways for Aspen to sue my ass and label me a stalker.

"You like her." Nikki chuckled as I drove.

"I do not." I kept my eyes on the road. "I'm only going for you."

"Ya, sure." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be going. I'm not going to know anyone there and even if I run into Aspen, I doubt she'd speak to me. She'd probably roll her eyes and pretend not to know me. She's rude like that. You know?"

"She's into you and you're into her." Nikki hummed to the music.

"Neither of us are into the other! She's a diva and I can't possibly think about crushing on someone as narcissistic as her."

"I think she plays it up for you." I rolled my eyes at her comment. "I'm serious. She's an actress, so her diva-like persona comes off as genuine."

"Sure." I switched lanes.

"I'm serious." Nikki laughed. "I'm not saying she's super nice. But for someone whose agent is threatening to drop her, she sure isn't holding back. I've looked at recent reports of her and she hasn't acted out or been rude to others. It's just you because she knows you're not going to feed the media any bs about her. I think she's messing with you to be honest."

"Maybe I should spoil her fun by leaking a story." I narrowed my eyes. "That'll stop her from messing with me."

"We both know you'd never do that. You're not into ruining people's career."

"I'm debating ruining hers though. It's really, really tempting!"

"You'd never ruin your crush's career." Nikki gave me heart eyes.

"She's not my crush!"

"Whatever you say, Jules." Nikki chuckled to herself. "Oooh! Is that the community?!"

"Yep." I pulled up to the gate house.

The guard eyed us wearily since we were in a tiny Hyundai and trying to enter a multimillion dollar community. He rolled his eyes and asked our names. After giving them, he arched a brow and let us through. Nikki and I smirked while driving to the house. I had the faintest idea of Aspen's house since I somewhat paid attention when she drove.

"Holy shit." Nikki muttered.

The two of us stared at the amount of cars surrounding her house. The cars extended onto the regular road and her driveway was already massive! Nikki and I had to pass two houses before we could find parking. The two of us then trekked towards the party house. The closer we got to the house, the louder the music got. It wasn't obnoxiously loud, but I'm sure the neighbors will be complaining soon. It's nearly 11pm, so...

Nikki opened the door to a packed house. She squealed and pointed at Michael B. Jordan with his girlfriend. Nikki began shaking me and pointing out all the celebs. She wanted to meet them, but was too shy. I told her that there was no way I was just going to wander over and ask for a picture. Nikki whined, so I relented and approached Michael B. Jordan. I asked for him to take a pic with my friend. He was so nice and posed with her.

Nikki then gave me a familiar look that I knew all too well. I made the mistake of helping her with Michael, so I was now forced to be her wingwoman for the rest of the night. Either she'd force me to ask the person or would creepily take pictures of them. Nikki handed me her phone and asked me to take a pic of Kylie Jenner. I rolled my eyes and held the phone up, only to see Aspen blocking the pic. I lowered my hand as she angrily approached us. Uh, oh.