CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

"Who?" Zynthesius' face scrunched up in disgust at the name.

"I don't see you turning this battle around any time soon. Tell me were the knight is." I said, clenching my hand tighter on my sword, ignoring the pain that came from it.

A scoff came from Dracyian's lips, I narrowed my eyes on him.

"I thought about killing him then and there after you left us. Then I thought, my daughter- she's got spirit just like her father. She'll come back, seeking vengeance if she's got enough strength to survive." Zynthesius paced behind his wall of knights. "I'm more surprised it took you this long to return?"

I wanted to snap the tension in this room with my sword, but without Lionel's whereabouts we would be left with nothing but a pile of bodies.

"Escaping this place wasn't as hard as I thought. Especially with the knights you keep around- they were quite easy to put unconscious." I tore my eyes from my father, landing them on Dracyian. "Dracyian can tell you all about it."

The rage on his face broke through, glaring daggers at my head. "That pathetic dog suffered so much after you left. I made sure of it personally. I remember every bone I broke, every limb I cut off, I still remember the feeling when I sliced into his skin while he wept, crying out your name- but you never came. I watched his life wither away, until it was nothing. Until his soul left his body and he gave up on life, on you."

I seethed through my teeth, the adrenaline pumped so fast through my veins I stopped feeling the pain in my arm. I charged, and the group of knights behind me charged too. I ducked under a flying sword, a knight whom I didn't care to fight and left him for the others behind me.

I moved for Dracyian, and he let me come.

Dracyian pulled his sword from its sheath, we swung at the same time- the blades clashing in the air, clanging and slicing each other ferociously.

"I'll be sure to kill you properly this time." I growled pushing his blade away. Dracyian stepped, attempting to circle me like prey.

He smirked, "Only if I get to be between your lovely thighs again."

A roar escaped me as I hit harder, swinging with more power than before. I didn't feel any pain. Only rage. And I had enough to share for Dracyian and his High Lord.

We moved as if our fight had been rehearsed, flowing almost perfectly with each strike and parry that followed. He was pace matched my own, though his style soppy at times. He was too arrogant. That would be his downfall.

Dracyian's eyes dropped to my smirk, that sloppiness showing- I rounded my foot out hooking it at his and pushing him to the ground with my sword. I fell with him to the white tiles, pinning his arms down- a small huff leaving my throat as we both listened to his sword clanging against the ground. My bound hand held my sword against his throat, pressing against the skin until it broke sending blood tricking to the floor.

"I wouldn't." His voice husky as I pushed on his wind pipe. "Or you'll never know where your precious dog is."

Looking up the rest of the fight, Kalec cut down the last knight. My father was held down on his knees with a blade to his throat. Cole stood panting, blood tricking from his cheek from a cut.

Behind him Arthur stepped in, Edmund seconds behind.

"Search the place! Break everything until Lionel is found!" I screamed out at the knights watching on, standing in piles of blood.

I felt Dracyian shake under me as he chuckled, "You'll never find his body."

"I'd say watch me- but you'll be dead." My blade jerked, slicing deeper into Dracyian's neck. Blood pooled out, filling his mouth until he choked on it.