CHAPTER TWENTY

Another week passed, I had overheard from Arthur and Lance that the break in the front lines had been secured by Darius and Sika, more Southern platoons now there to hold it, the North finally making it into the South. And the platoon I was anointed with had arrived also.

I had come to realise that Arthur was coddling the injury to my arm, I wanted to do some light movements on it, to gain its strength back faster but he refused to let me go. I'd spent another dull week reading in the sunroom, having tea and keeping warm as the full blast of winter arrived in the South. The more I was kept living as I did before, wearing layers of petticoats to keep warm, not even training, it felt like I wasn't even a knight as yet. Lionel said my training would only get harder from here out, that he would work me more every day, but that hasn't even begun.

"Father approved your proposal to raise the donations to the schools over winter." Arthur smiled as he wondered into the sunroom after spending the morning working on his ledgers. I couldn't bring myself to return, not after what happened. Since then, nothing like that happened again, it was never bought up, it felt like I'd dreamed the entire affair.

"That's wonderful." I smiled, feeling like I was forcing it too much it hurt my cheeks. I noticed Lionel standing by the window as usual, crossing his arms as Arthur wondered in.

"Indeed it is. Mother suggested we visited again, she's also postponed her ball due to your injury." Arthur said as he sat down on the armchair beside me as I sat in mine facing the windows as I read.

New recruits had already begun training beginning their journey. I couldn't leave with the platoon I wanted to and Arthur never wanted to bring up the conversation about going. So I would.

"When is the next shipment to the front lines?" I said lowering my book to my lap closing it, giving my full attention to Arthur.

"Ah- soon, we are waiting on more food supplies to arrive from Goldshire." Arthur said leaning back into the chair, glancing over at the knight by the window. "If you think on going, forget it. Your arm is no were healed enough to go."

I sent Arthur a look, "My arm is fine now, it is only you that is not allowing me to train on it." I snapped, making Arthur shift in his seat.

"I do not want you to go until you are one hundred percent recovered." Arthur said. I let out a breath of annoyance.

"My arm will grow stronger if I am able to train, I won't be going as hard straight away." I said only to be cut off by him as he picked up his tea set.

"I said no. I am already going against all my morals for even letting you go out there, I will not let you go until that arm is entirely healed." Arthur put his foot down, I knew he would do everything in his power to stop me from training if I even tried.

I re-opened my book, what a stubborn man. Two stubborn people do not mix well sometimes. I could feel myself becoming frustrated from it.

The pain in my arm was fading, I could lift it and move it without it hurting too much, my body was healing fast with how much resting Arthur was making me do. Though, no more, I wouldn't let myself get a step behind. I wanted to leave to the front lines, I wanted to fight alongside the other knights that risked their lives.

So I waited, I waited until it was long after dark, when he would finally be fast asleep in his own chambers. I changed into my trousers and a thicker, long shirt for warmth, then quietly made my way down to the knights' quarters, arriving I realised I didn't even know where he slept, which room of the many where his. Walking out into the open area, the stage long gone, returning into the training grounds they were before.