Chapter 17 - The Moon is Beautiful, Isn't It?

Sorry I haven't posted lately

Tbh js being down bad over a guy I met at a badminton tournament (BUT I FORGOT TO ASK FOR HIS NAME SO IM TRYNNA TRACK HIS IG DOWN) (┳Д┳)

I CANT STOP THINKING ABT HIM AGAHGAHSHSGA

Wish me luck haha...

~💙~

The wind whistled over the dark forests.

His mind was lingering on that topic yet again...

Breezing past was the crisp air that carried the whispers of his soul, echoing things he couldn't say out loud.

If there was one time that anchored his heart, it was the time she looked into his deep eyes. Searching for some deep, hidden secret that he could've shared with her, she only found the mutual love he had buried.

...

He nervously stood under the moonlit roof, tapping his foot onto the ground in great anticipation. 

It was Tsukimi and a festival was celebrating it nearby. Giyuu planned to take her there since the rest of the hashiras were also going. But waiting by the doorstep only made him more anxious.

He was wearing a simple navy yukata and his usual mismatched haori; a combo that assured him that he didn't under or overdid it.

In an impatient rush, he knocked on the door again.

"Comingggg!!" that sweet voice called out, muffled by the walls.

-Stay calm-

The doors opened and Shinobu appeared in an overwhelming, elegant aura. 

His breath was knocked out of his lungs.

She wore her hair untied, which almost distracted him from her magnificent lavender furisode (a type of kimono with "swinging sleeves"), the sleeves adorned with white and gleaming blue flowers.

"I hope I didn't overdo it," she blushed.

"N-no," he stuttered in awe, "you look pretty." (He's too shy to drop the "ur gorge" bomb).

She smiled and walked forwards, leaving Giyuu still staring at her. She stopped and turned, teasing him in her usual playful manner, "What are you staring at now, Tomioka-san?" She grabbed onto his wrist and tugged on it to pull him out of his whimsical daydreams.

"Let's go," she smiled sweetly, the shining moon's light glimmered like a guiding beacon in the depths of her irises.

...

Once at the entrance of the festival - it was at the foot of a small mountain, perfect for moon-viewing - the bright orange lights mesmerised Shinobu and she immediately dragged the equally amused Giyuu into the crowds.

She took the lead and held onto his wrist tightly as they weaved in and out of small groups that were often caught halting at many stalls; gathered in tight bundles around certain attractions and then diluting out again.

Shinobu, slightly hungry, stopped at a few shops for some food, and with the courtesy of Giyuu, did not need to pay a single dime.

Finally, they had arrived at the main site, a small platform on an elevation of the mountain that housed few cushions and seats with snacks for the viewing of the full moon.

Tall susuki (a type of grass that is at its peak in autumn) swayed under the billowing moon as the two sat down for rest.

Shinobu stared upwards in deep thought, "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

"It is," Giyuu replied in an equally dreamy voice.

A pyramid of tsukimi dango (a special rice flour treat that is formed in a pyramid during tskumi to honour the moon) was set on the side of the two. They both reached out to take one. Their hands touched and retreated back simultaneously. Giyuu cautiously picked up one of the round treats and looked at her, offering Shinobu one, in which she accepted.

After a few minutes of staring at the large glowing orb above them, Shinobu let out a small sigh.

She dropped her head onto his shoulder. He reached out for her opposite shoulder and gingerly pulled her closer.

"Aren't you wondering what I'm thinking about?" she asked, still staring at the billowing silver moon.

"Yes, but if you don't tell me then I won't ask," he replied with no hesitation.

"That's true..." she thought for a moment, "I'm not even really sure about it myself, but one thing I know is that it's the reason my head is so heavy."

"Don't think about it."

"I can't. You'll have to put up with this heavy head of mines until it stops living in my mind."

"Ok, but stop thinking about it today," Giyuu hesitated for a moment but then gave in to his internal feelings, "the moon is too pretty for you to think about anything else."

"It is..."

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" he asked her the same question she had asked him earlier when the night was still young, this time he was looking at her.

She picked up her head and looked back at him, "It really is."

...

Time to go back to trying to find his instagram...

BUT WHY AM I SO OBSESSED. 

I swear its fate cuz coach accidentally went to the wrong comp and I was subbing for a friend and then I MET HIM!! 

I could go on and on abt my badminton guy but I'd bore you to death (*꒦ິ꒳꒦ີ)

850 words (kinda higher than previous chapters)