Chapter 15 - Sleepless Nights

Veryyyy close to 1k reads so please give me any suggestions for a 1k special bonus!!

Might not have time to post on some days (literally on a 3-day football tournament rn so yes, very busy) (╥_╥)

~💜~

"Isn't the moon beautiful?" she stares wistfully at the glowing silver orb above them

"Yes,"

"This feels like a dream~"

"It does," he replies, breathless.

"Ne~ don't you ever wish your dreams could come true?" she asked as she swung her legs in the air playfully.

"No," he says, "why? Do you?"

"Not at all," she chuckles in melancholy, "just curious."

...

Giyuu wakes up again in cold sweat.

The moon was incandescent like white lamps.

He drops back into sleep as fuzzy blackness looms over his mind.

...

"Giyuu," a soft voice echoes.

"Giyuu," it repeats, "you're a good boy you know that?"

"Yes!" an oddly familiar voice replies back. 

Was that what he sounded like when he was a kid?

He can't remember...

"Take care of yourself when I leave, ok?"

"Don't say that! You will never leave!"

"I'm getting married soon, I'll always be near though."

"That's fine!"

The scene switches, the already black screen swirls with hues of grey and blue. It converts back to black but with a strangely different feeling to it.

"GIYUU!!" the same old voice shrieks, yet in a panicked manner.

The sound of screams and slashes reverberated across the black screen before it was infused with greys and blues again, switching to black once again.

"Let's be friends!!" a new, yet simultaneously recognisable voice echoes in the darkness.

"Ok."

"Hey, just because I saved you from a few demons doesn't mean you should feel intimidated, we're the same kind of people."

"Orphans?"

"Well, yeah. But then that means we just have to stick together even more when we become demon slayers!!"

"Ok!!"

Yet again, the sheet of black crumples into blue-grey and unfolds into a new black.

"Hey? Have you seen a boy with long peach hair is? He was also in the final selection, he should've come out by now-"

"Sorry, I heard he was killed," an unknown voice says.

"K-killed?"

...

The night loomed over Giyuu like a year; long and never ending.

-Go to sleep- he thought to himself

He was sitting up, and so decided to go lie back down.

In mere moments, his mind drifted back into oblivion.

...

"Forgive, Giyuu~" a magical voice murmurs.

"Forgive who, who do I forgive?"

"Forgive. Forgive yourself."

"How?"

"Everything that is lovely is but a brief, dreamy kind of delight."

"I know..."

"Then don't expect it to last. Forgive yourself for overestimating those moments."

...

"Sometimes, I miss you more I should," his own voice utters into the darkness.

"Why is that?" she replies.

"I don't know... I just like you..."

"Is it not because I've stayed with you longer than any of your other family ever have?"

"Yes."

...

"You smell like flowers."

"What kind?" she asks softly.

"The kind I love. The kind that attracts the butterflies that soar in my stomach when I see you..."

"Does that not mean I smell like love?"

"What you smell like can't be described. What I feel for you doesn't have a name."

"Not the kind of love of your dreams?" the gentle voice asks curiously

"Much better than that. I still dream of you when I'm wide awake."

"Don't just chase me like a star, fool. Chase me like you chase your dreams," she chuckles.

"That's impossible, because you are my dream." 

...

Haha, this chapter was so fun for me to write. I love it!! (◕︿◕✿)

580 words (saddd)

Btwwww, remember to give me some ideas for the 1k special (which is probably next chapter!!)

Please vote if you can, it motivates me ALOT <3