Chapter 2 - The Power in Her Elegance

Shinobu>>>>Tell me if the chapters are too short though

Shinobu>>>>
Tell me if the chapters are too short though...

~💜~

There she was, standing in front of the shoji (sliding door) under the fuzzy light that illuminated her damp hair and glistening skin.

She looked like an arcadian Oiran; provocative, idyllic, and enamouring in her comely lilac kimono.

A light from behind the shoji radiated an almost-blazing white glow that seemed to give the ethereal lady a halo.

Amidst her angelic presence was the conspicuous aura of power that dwelled in her eyes.

Those eyes.

Celestial and deep, her Russian violet irises had a fiery gleam that immediately secured herself the position as the most authoritative in the room.

Those eyes...

...

Drying her hair with a towel, Shinobu was sitting on the opposite side of the room from Giyuu.

~I'm never forgiving him for this. He should've asked me first~

"This is why nobody likes you," she muttered.

"I may not talk back a lot but I'm not deaf," he said from the other side, still in his haori and corps uniform due to still having not recovered from the frigid air outside.

"This is exactly why nobody likes you, Tomioka-san," Shinobu countered with a satisfied grin.

"..." Giyuu was too busy shivering in his own seat to answer.

Noticing the miserable state he was in, Shinobu gave him a solution, "There's a great rotenburo outside, I'm sure it'll warm you up," (rotenburo is basically an outdoor onsen) she sighed, "and hopefully finally give me peace." (bffr, ur the one annoying him -u-)

"I was hoping the same," he sighed as well, an irk mark appeared on her forehead at the realisation of what he said.

He left before she could come up with another troublesome remark.

...

-Peace- he thought as he rested his head on the edge of the hot spring.

Giyuu felt his body and muscles melt with the snow that fell into the bath; it was whimsical to be able to experience the increasingly calming snowfall whilst being pleasantly warm and tepid at the same time.

If he wasn't a demon slayer, if he still had family, if he didn't face the anguish he had experienced today, then maybe, just maybe, this was how he would've lived his life.

He was suddenly wondering what kind of things he could've done, what kind of emotions he could've felt again, what kind of girl he would've dedicated his life to; like how other normal people did.

But that was impossible.

He was a demon slayer.

He was to kill or be killed.

Face the blood of others or face the blood of your own.

See the life of someone disintegrate or never see life itself again.

And that was that.

Life would never be normal for him.

And that was that.

Giyuu felt his racing thoughts alleviate itself again. His heart calmed and his cold spirit thawed away in the warmth of the waters.

-Peace-

...

The large shoji slid open with a rustling sound.

Shinobu turned her head to annoy Giyuu once again, "Back after such a long time? My my, what were you eve-"

She was faced (blessed tbh) with an unforgettable sight of him; his hair dripping wet and a mere towel around his waist.

~shit~

...

Welp, that's the end of this chapter (I wanna torture you). I wish that someone reads this lmao (but if you are then Ily so much). 

555 words (I love this number)