Chapter 11 - No Regrets

Getting motivated again (got full marks on my physics igcse yusss!!) (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Am I the only one who has a whole library of kny edits?? ɷ◡ɷ

~💜~

His mesmerising azure eyes stared wistfully into hers, his brows slightly furrowed in a subtle anxiousness.

He was in a black yukata and a cloud-patterned haori, his loose long obsidian hair falling onto the sides of his broad shoulders.

Sitting on the tatami mat, he simply glared at her with somewhat hateful eyes.

Though she didn't realise, it was just a sheen of concern that reflected into hers.

...

"I told you so," Giyuu was sitting seiza style as he looked at Shinobu, lying down in a mess of coughing and weary red eyes.

She immediately sat up and snatched the tea out of his hand with a loud "hmph"

"Well... was it worth it?" he said as he took a cold towel and patted it onto her head.

"Definitely," she replied in adamancy, practically collapsing onto her futon after placing the empty cup on the mat.

Giyuu shook his head, "For me, maybe; for you..."

He left the room and came back in shortly with a new bowl of cold water. He soaked the towel in the bowl, squeezed the excess water out, and dabbed it onto her forehead.

Shinobu stared at him. He replied with the same long look, his eyes striking her very core.

"W-why are you even doing this for me," she said, flustered and turning her body the other way from him.

"I don't know."

"Is that the best answer you have?" she questioned, extremely unsatisfied with his dry answer.

He was taken aback for a few seconds, "I guess I feel bad that you were the one to get sick even though we were both in the rain."

"I don't need your pity."

The room stayed silent for a few minutes, only the sound of Giyuu repeatedly soaking the towel and letting the water drip back into the basin could be heard.

"I'm sorry," Shinobu said, her body still turned away from him.

He pulled her shoulders back, making her twist around to face him again. "It's ok," he said in a quiet yet gentle voice as he patted the refreshingly cold towel on her forehead again.

Her cheeks inexplicably flushed an even deeper red that made her bury her whole face into the blankets.

"Why are you so nice to me now??" she asked, talking to herself as the question was muffled by the pillows.

Giyuu, with his secretly good ears, heard her words very clearly. But something inside of him stopped him from answering, whether it was the instinct of being secretive all the time, or the embarrassment of the first answer that came to his mind.

Slowly, Shinobu crawled out of the pillows and blankets again as the heat under the layers was too much for her.

She closed her eyes peacefully and seemed to abruptly fall asleep.

-She's sleeping now??-

Suddenly, her eyes fluttered open again and a progression of incomprehensible words came out from her mouth.

Her vision flooded with distorted images. Once again, the room was whirling at incredible speeds and blurred the fuzzy lights.

"There's 5 Tomioka's here with me~" Shinobu said in a slurred speech.

-Is she hallucinating?-

Giyuu started to stand up to go get Aoi to find the right medication for this new set of symptoms.

Yet again, the same small hand held onto his wrist before he could leave.

"Don't go~"

"I have to..." he said as he gently tugged his wrist; once again, her grip tightened.

"D-don't leave me."

To his surprise, he saw a twinkling shine in her watering eyes.

"I-I have to, so you can get better."

Suddenly, she burst into a flurry of exploding tears, "Why won't people just stay-"

"N-no..." he protested, not knowing what to do.

Her weeping only grew as Giyuu just stood by the door in frozen motion.

"F-fine," he gave in, "I'll stay."

He patiently sat down by her side again, watching the unusually child-like hashira fall back asleep.

"Don't leave me, Kanae, Kanao~" she mumbled, "Giyuu~"

His ears perked up. The last name struck him like her own poison, but this time like a sweet and syrupy honey that clung onto you like an indelible memory.

What made him so shocked was not the raw yet whimsical voice she said it in, but when he heard his own name get called out. It was a long time since when he had heard anyone say his first name like that; so fresh and natural as if the person who said it was close enough to call him by his name daily.

"Don't worry, I'm here."

...

Bear with me on the low word count for a few weeks (its basically exam month so I gotta get studying but tbh I still want to write on Wattpad daily so this is our only solution) (◕‿◕)

800 words