Chapter 4 - A Meal With You

Giyuu eating his ramen is so cuteee istg

(btw I am so confused whether or not I have readers or not cuz nobody giving me any kind of sign that they are reading it but I still get *views*)

Gimme a sign by commenting or voting plssss :)))

~💜~

A tempting aroma wafted across the restaurant, blessing his senses with the anticipation of a scrumptious meal.

Dimly lit with yellow, suspended lights was the room, bustling and brimming with customers eager to try the restaurant's weekly specialty.

Salom daikon.

No doubt it was heaven in a single dish.

A mouth-watering plate of freshly simmered salmon mixed with radish, seasoned with exotic sauces and topped off with healthy greens, was placed before him.

It was truly utopia in one bite.

...

Giyuu's eyes lit up at the sight of the best salmon daikon in the country. His whole face soon started glowing at his first taste.

"My my, Tomioka-san, you seem to get so much delight from eating here," Shinobu chuckled as she watched him savour every spoonful that went into his mouth.

"..." he was still busy enjoying his meal.

Shinobu sighed, "I guess this is the reason why you made us take that shortcut,"

She smiled again at the sight of him really indulging in the food, the bowl practically consuming his whole face.

He looked up at her with a confused face, "Where's your food?"

"Awww, Tomioka-san is concerned but can't even take care of himself," she giggled when she reached out to wipe his dirty face with a paper towel.

He touched his face with one hand, an subtle blush appeared (but he managed to hide it from her), "What was tha-"

"What would you even do without me," Shinobu shook her head. At that moment, her udon arrived and so she stopped talking and eagerly satiated her hunger while Giyuu was too overwhelmed and perplexed to say anything else.

...

"That was actually a really good meal!!" exclaimed Shinobu as they were walking in the woods, sheltered from the punishing Sun and crushing crowds in the main streets.

"Right, Tomioka-san?"

"..." he nodded his head but Shinobu didn't notice.

She turned her head from looking at the birds, "Ne ne, Tomioka-san, you should really try socialising more."

She poked him on the arm, "You can practice with me, or else you won't have friends."

"..." he ignored her as they continued walking.

"This is why nobody likes you!!"

"People don't d-dislike me," he countered defensively yet still in his typical monotone voice.

"Haha!! Nice joke, Tomioka-san!!"

-sigh-

"Try socialising and you will understand how amazing it is!!" Shinobu told him (half sarcastically) as she continued to look at the vibrant birds of paradise that flapped about and chirped sweet melodies above them.

"*sigh* I'll try, I guess," Giyuu had given in.

"Brilliant! Well...since you're so unsociable then I guess I'll start..." Shinobu put her index finger on her chin to come up with a conversation starter, "what's your favourite colour?"

-what kind of question is this?-

"*sighs again* blue."

~as expected of Tomioka-san; short and bitter answers, we have a lot of work to do here~

"Come on, Tomioka-san, you need to at least try a little bit more," she smiled sweetly.

"*sighs for the third time* well then, what's your favourite colour?" he asked, partially sincerely intrigued in finding out more about the constantly cheerful lady walking next to him.

...

And that was how the hours of their travel back to the headquarters went; talking hour by hour, taking turns asking each other questions.

Shinobu finally understood why Giyuu had dragged them both to that restaurant (obviously to eat the salmon daikon *specifically*). She also started finding out more about his own preferences, and by the end of it, she was quite proud of how much information she managed to source about him.

Even if he was a half-dry sponge, it didn't mean that there wasn't water still left to squeeze out.

She realised, that this man, said to be unfriendly and secluded, was still a human.

A human with emotions and a past.

This was her motivation.

She wanted to be the first to know everything about this enigmatic hashira.

~Giyuu Tomioka, you intrigue me~

...

690 words (kinda)