Chapter 10 - Feverish Dream

Past chapters flopped so bad (ノД')

Past chapters flopped so bad (Д')

Hoping I get more audience on this one because I actually enjoyed writing it (*꒦ິ꒳꒦ີ)

~💜~

Overtaken by vertigo, her thoughts raced like demons and her vision twisted and distorted her sight.

The room whirled around at an incredible rate, dimly lit in the heat of the stupor

Corners of her view were fogged up by fuzzy black spots that seemed to move across the room, occasionally completely covering up her vision until closing her eyes was necessary.

An encircling, clammy grip suffocated her in a feverish, sultry clasp that loomed over her like a ghost, waiting to seize her torrid breath at any second.

Her body heated up like a scorching torch had just lit up an oil-infused piece of wood.

What was this feeling?

Why did it feel so horrible?

It was like a living hell; the inertia, the igneous room, the unexpected thrill that came with the languidly of it all.

Death was painless...

The pain she felt was so utterly horrific that it was almost funny.

At least she wasn't dying.

She was being dramatic.

...

Shinobu couldn't get up the next morning, an inexplicable numbness in her body froze all movement.

Her face was heating up and the sweat was only fueling the fire.

The room was unusually cold...

~Come on, don't be weak~ she thought to herself as she forced herself to get up and eat.

Once she had made some tea, she seemed to think she had calmed herself.

~Green tea can cure any headache~

She sipped at the cup for a bit, and then the world went blurry as if a flurry of butterflies had landed on her face simultaneously.

Black.

...

"CAW CAWW!! GIYUU TOMIOKA IS TO GO GET SHINOBU KOCHO FOR A JOINT MISSION!!" his kasugai crow shrieked, breaking the serenity of his morning.

He sighed but didn't complain.

When he arrived at the front door of her room, he took in a deep breath, prepared to be teased for the events of yesterday.

Knock, knock, knock

No reply...

He rapped his knuckles against the door again.

No reply...

Giyuu sighed, and slowly reached out, opening the door with an ominous creak.

"Kocho?" he said, peering nervously through the small crack.

No reply...

He pushed it open fully this time, alarmed by the sight of the insect pillar collapsed on the floor, her limbs splayed out in conspicuous strain.

"KOCHO!!" he shouted as he rushed in, holding her in his arms. Her body burned to the point that it was almost painful to touch, yet he still held her. An expression of concern consumed his face.

Her cheeks were red and the beautiful violet-tipped hair was messy and damp from her own sweat.

"It's a bad fever," Giyuu mumbled under his breath as he picked her up and played her down on the futon. He then walked around the room, opening cabinets and drawers in hope for the sight of medicine.

It was a given that a hashira specialising in poisons would have some kind of pill and supplement that could cure an illness as such. And there it was, a large tray of medication that was sure to make her better.

Giyuu flipped through the array of symptoms each prescription was supposed to cure, until he found the right one, immediately feeding it to her with his hands and giving her a glass of water to wash it down.

He sat down on the tatami mat, exhausted from the shock and the endeavours of finding a solution for the unexpected occurrence.

"I guess you won't be going on that mission," he said to her, even though he knew she would never reply as she was passed out in a possibly feverish dream.

After a few minutes of supervising her, Giyuu managed to pick himself up to report the events to Ubuyashiki.

A small hand grabbed at his wrist.

"D-don't go," she said, her eyes fluttering yet not even open, her grip getting slightly stronger as Giyuu tried to tug it.

"Ok," he sighed, a tiny, amiable smile accompanied his kind eyes, "I won't leave you."

...

I'm so sorry for the short chapter but I have a practice exam for math and science tomorrow (︿◕✿)

(Need 98-100% bc I at least gotta get the same results as last year haha)

This chapter was so fun to write though!! Next one might be a part two... idk

640 words