• Part #29 • ~ "Ice" ~

Start from the beginning

"He didn't break up with me, it was the other way around. Now, leave and get the hell away from me, because if you don't, you'll leave me no choice but to scar your face. And I'd hate for that to happen. Wouldn't you?" I ask.

She gasps and leans in as well. "I'd like to see you try." She whispers.

I laugh, but before saying something I feel someone's presence behind me. Cynthia looks up and her eyes go wide. She stands up from the chair and slowly steps back. There was a glint of fear in her eyes. One that surprisingly I don't give her and it throws me off, because if anything she should fear me most.

I don't have to turn to know who it is. I can feel him.

"Next time you sit in my chair, I will slit your throat, you useless whore. Got it?" Enzo says lowly

She nods and takes another step back. The bell rings and Luca and his friends sit down on their assigned seats. Enzo to my left and Luca to my right. Cynthia walks to her seat and takes out her phone, typing into it.

Our teacher starts with the lesson of the day and I take out one of my text books. Enzo does the same and starts writing. It seemed like he's the only one that cared for school. Luca takes out his and passes it to Carlos. Carlos gladly opens it and starts working on Luca's.

"Must be nice." I mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Luca asks

"Must be nice." I say louder.

He chuckles, "would you want Vincent to do your work for you?"

I look up at Vincent to see him clearly not on page with that.

"No."

~~~~~~~
Halfway through math class, my phone starts ringing. I look down to see the caller I.D. labeled as 'A.' which is my uncle, Alexander.

"Miss. Parker, please turn off your phone!" Mr. Smith says

I look down at my phone and look up at the teacher. "Can I step out, to take this phone call?"

He shakes his head. "Any phone calls can be made in the office through the school phone."

"No, you don't understand. I need to answer now."

"You're not listening Alessia. Any phone call, can be made in the office. I can't let you have a phone call in the middle of class."

"But it's important." I plead.

"I don't make the rules, I just enforce them." He says

My phone stops ringing and it marks a missed call. I look down at the phone and then at the teacher. My phone starts ringing again and he's calling me once more.

"Turn it off."

I take a deep breath and pick up my backpack walking out of his class. He calls my name twice but I don't turn back. I walk into the girls bathroom and check every stall to make sure it's empty. I then proceed to answer the call.

"zanyalo u tebya dostatochno vremeni."
(Took you long enough.)

"Whatever."

"Why are you calling me, Alessia?" He asks in an English that is not so good because of his Russian accent.

"I need to ask you a question, but you have to be honest with me. No more lies."

He chuckles. "I'll see, what is your question?"

"Who's Ice?"

The line goes silent and not even his breathing I can hear. He takes about two minutes like that until he responds and not so kindly.