• Part. 28 • ~ "If this was a movie."

(Authors Note:: please read the announcement at the end of the story

(Authors Note:: please read the announcement at the end of the story.)

We were all waiting in the meeting room. Nobody knew about Alessia and I being broken up, except for Enzo. He’s the only one I told. I was high off my ass right now, I smoked a couple of cigarettes with him earlier. My father instantly knew and to get back at me he partly beat up Enzo. Nico -Enzo’s dad- was okay with my father hitting Enzo, I wasn’t, he’s my best friend and I don’t tolerate anyone hitting the people I care about. Most especially not a woman, people call me a sort of shit. Psychopath, monster, lowlife, killer, many things but the one thing I don’t do is hit women. Enzo took about ten punches from my father but he claimed to be alright, we are trained to take so much more than ten punches. My thoughts are gone when I hear her soft laughter. Elena walks in the room first and then Ricardo and Alessia do. She was laughing and he had a huge smile on his face, his arm over her shoulders. My jaw clenches and my anger starts to rise, taking over all my emotions. He leans down and whispers something in her ear, she laughs lightly and nods. They take a seat next to each other and I hear Enzo mumbling “oh shit.” I keep my eyes on Ricardo as he releases Alessia from his hold. Ricardo leans back on his chair as he stares at Alessia. There was something more than anger building inside of me, it was a feeling I never had before. I was jealous. Jealous that he makes her laugh, jealous that he had his arm around her shoulders, jealous he was the one sitting next to her. My fist clenches as I feel my chest tighten, what does he have that I don’t?....

I could offer her so much more, love her more than he ever will. I want to know what I did wrong, why I wasn’t good enough for her. My thoughts are interrupted once more when I feel someone tapping my arm. I look to my side to see Enzo signaling for me to look forward. I do and see Ricardo’s hand over Alessia’s shoulder once more, his finger playing and twirling with the ends of her hair like I did before. I breathe in sharply, holding back from going over there and killing him.

“Are you okay? Look, you two will resolve this.”

“She made it pretty fucking clear that she didn’t want to talk to me.”  I say in a low voice.

Francisco was in front speaking but Enzo and I were the only ones not paying attention. I couldn't control my emotions and I hated myself for that. I love her and she simply broke up with me, like if this means nothing to her.

“Luca. Luca. Luca!” I hear someone say.

I look up to see everyone staring at me. I didn’t know who called me and to be truthful I didn’t want to talk to anyone unless it was Enzo or Alessia.

“Who called me?” I asked

“I did.” Francisco says.

“What do you want?” I asked, bothered.

“I’d expect a better attitude from you.”

“Oh, well i’m sorry for always being a fucking disappointment. Everyone in this room can fuck off.”