• Part. 26 • ~ "Hospital" ~

We drive quickly to the hospital

We drive quickly to the hospital. Luca was running red lights, ignoring stop signs, not caring about anything. We get to the hospital and we got down. They rush Elena into a surgery room as her dad starts signing consent papers. Ricardo paces around the waiting area, a gun on his hand. I walk up to him and grab the gun. He looks down at me and shakes his head.

"It's okay!" I whisper as I tug the gun and he holds it tighter. I tug it again and he lets it go.

I move the gun behind me and tuck it in my jeans. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"If she dies, it'll fucking kill my mother. I-I can't lose her. I'm older but she's supposed to help me with the Mafia and taking over. She's my baby sister, I don't want to lose her!" He says

I pull him in for a hug and wraps his arms around me. He lays his forehead on my shoulder and I could feel his tears rolling down his cheeks and my shoulder. Francisco comes toward us.

"She got shot below the pancreas near her small intestine. The surgery can be successful, hopefully it is. If not then the injury to the pancreas may cause a tear, cut, or bruise to the organ. They may also result in a severely damaged organ and internal bleeding." He says and I press my lips together.

Ricardo pulls his head away from my shoulder and I unwrap my hands from him, he does too and he takes a step back.

"I can't believe they got away!"

"They always do. We need to be quicker!" I mumble

Luca walks up to me and wraps his arm around my waist.

"It was too quick. I didn't see them take out the gun." Luca says

"Anything you noticed on them?" Francisco asks

"One with green eyes, one with hazel." I speak up.

He turns to look at me and nods. He runs a hand through his jaw and chin. There was something about Francisco. The way he carried himself with such confidence, he snaps his fingers and two men take a step forward.

"Did y'all find them?" He asks and they shake their heads no. He dismisses them.

"Can we see the footage around that area?"

Luca shakes his head. "those are City Parks cameras. Only an officer or someone with high authority can see those!"

"So? You don't have any fucking cops on your families payroll!"

"My father doesn't fucking trust pigs. He says they're not reliable. I suggested a couple months back that we get some on our payroll but he didn't listen. He said we can't trust anyone who has to do with the law."

"Well isn't that fucking nice." Ricardo says lowly

"I might know someone who could help me, us." I speak up