Pt:: #7 ~ "Apology"

After nearly 4 hours of sleeping, I decide to get up

After nearly 4 hours of sleeping, I decide to get up. Before going downstairs, I stare at myself in the mirror. Looking at my black leggings and my oversized sweatshirt. I walk downstairs and turn to the kitchen where I hear faint voices. I get closer and hear my dad's voice, but only his.

He's on a phone call. But with who?

"I'm aware that she needs help, especially with what she pulled yesterday night, but what am I supposed to do. She's my daughter, I can't put her in a place for mentally ill people."

What the fuck? I'm not mentally ill, I'm not insane, I'm normal. I swear by it, and over my dead body will I let them take me. 

"Yes, I'll try therapy first. I have to go. She could wake up any minute now."

Of course he wants to take me to therapy. God forbid I disobey what he says. I turn around and finally come to view with him. 

"Hey sweetheart." He says smiling at me. 

His horrible acting makes me want to rethink my whole fucking life. I plaster on a fake smile on my face. 

"Hey daddy!" 

"How do you feel?" he asks

"I feel fine, totally fine" I shrug one shoulder "Where is Andrew and Kate?" I ask.

"They went to hangout at some place. I forgot the name. They were gonna wake you up for you to go but I told them no, I wanted you to sleep and wanted to talk once you woke up!"

So they get to go out but I practically never do. And talk about what? I don't give two shits about what he wants to talk about.

"Sit down please!" He says as he takes a seat on one of the barstools by our kitchen countertop.

"Okay" I say sitting down.

"I" he sighs while shaking his head lightly.

"I want to know why you would choose to be with him? Why do you think that it's okay to stay with him at night? God if anything would have happened to you, I don't know what I would do. I would hate myself for it!" He says.

"He's different with me. I don't know he's nice!" I take a pause and notice that he has a confused look! "I just don't see him as the person everyone says he is!"

"Are you even hearing yourself?" He asks. "Alessia he's a criminal, his father is a criminal, but that all he's ever known, he was raised with a mentality that killing is okay. You weren't and that's my point. You know the difference between right and wrong, I raised you to know the difference. He's the type of crowd you should stay away from. I want you to stay away from them. To avoid him and the Ricci's. I'm aware that y'all went to Cristian Moretti's party, I need you to promise me that you'll avoid anyone with that lifestyle."

"I can't!" I say

"Why the fuck not?" He asks

"I have classes with some of them. If they ask me a question or start talking to me, what do you want me to? Huh? I should just be rude and ignore them?"