"Damn it." I looked at her and she's wiping her tears. I sat beside her and held her arm.

"Bakit, Ate?" She suddenly hugged me and I know she's crying again. This is the first time I saw her cry. Winter is like Mom and Dad-tough, matured and somewhat cold, but right now, she's like a normal kid like me.

"We're going to lose everything."

Hindi ko alam kung anong ibig sabihin nun but she continued crying. I felt her sadness and grief to the point that I'm also crying though I didn't know why.

I don't know how many hours have passed but I can still hear the explosions and battle cries outside. I peeked through the attic's small window and I saw Mom and Dad together with their backs on each other while freezing the enemies around them.

"A-ate..."

"I know." Nagulat ako nung nasa likuran ko na pala siya. I thought she's still resting.

Biglang may fire column na nag-erupt and those who were near that were reduced into ashes. I saw a guy with flaming hands walking towards Mom and Dad. The people around them can't move and some of them suddenly collapsed.

"This is the end of your regime, Ark. It's time for the people to have a new leader."

"Now I can see the future of this place if a good-for-nothing scumbag like you, Pierre, became the leader," said Mom while glaring at that guy called Pierre.

They lunged at each other and I can't follow their movements. They are too fast and my eyes can't catch up with their speed. But I suddenly heard Mom's shriek and I saw a large wound on her leg. Upon seeing that, Dad bellowed and a large iced blade appeared in his hands. He threw that to the fire guy with a lightning speed and it plunged on his chest.

"Don't you dare hurt my wife." Kinilabutan ako sa sinabi ni Dad. I can feel the pressure of his words even from here.

They continued fighting but the pressure was higher and their fight was suffocating. I can't breathe properly and it's like my lungs were blocked by something. Winter pulled me away from the window and faced me.

"Don't look at them anymore, Krystal."

"B-but-"

"Please. Your mind and body can't take it."

I slowly nodded and he hugged me. I can't see anything outside since my back is facing the window. She held me close to her and covered my ears by her hands. I don't know how many minutes or hours have passed but I heard something. I pulled her hands away from my ears and listened to that sound.

'I-I'm sorry, Glace. Go away a-and find our daughters. P-protect them.'

That's Dad's voice.

"No, Krystal, don't-" It's too late. I already saw what happened. Dad was lying on the floor and his whole body was covered with burn marks and blood. Mom and Dad were separated with a thick ice wall and on Dad's side, the fire guy was holding a flaming sword and he's aiming at Dad.

"Goodbye, Ark. Your death means success."

No...Dad...Dad is going to be killed...

"Da-!"

"Don't shout." Winter covered my mouth with such force but I ignored the pain.

The guy lifted his sword and I closed my eyes while crying silently. But I heard a crashing sound and when I looked outside the window, Mom was on top of Dad and the sword was thrusted on her back. My knees gave up but Winter caught me before falling down.

'W-why d-did you...'

'I'm sorry, Ark. I won't let you die alone...'

'B-but how about...our...children...'

'D-don't worry. T-they're going to be safe. R-right? Winter? Krystal?'

'In the end...I...I still chose my family...over everything else. I hope...they can forgive us. I...I love them so m-mu...ch...'

'Ark...Ark...' Narinig ko ang pag-iyak ni Mom pero hindi ko na marinig ang boses ni Dad. She kissed Dad on the lips and I saw her looked at this direction.

'We love you both. S-sorry, Winter, Krystal...' and then after that, the window suddenly became frozen...and I lose consciousness.

***

Nagising ako dahil sa ingay sa baba. Pero pagtingin ko, wala na si Ate sa tabi ko.

"Ate? W-winter?" Then I saw her jacket beside the trapdoor covered with blood. I stood up slowly to approach the trapdoor but I heard a banging sound below...and I instinctively knew that that's not Winter.

Narinig ko ang footsteps nila paakyat ng hagdan kaya sumandal ako sa pader. There's no hiding area in here. But where is Winter? Don't tell me they...

The trapdoor suddenly opened.

"Hello there, young lady."

"Is this one a humdrum?"

"W-where's my sister?" I asked them and they looked at each other.

"She's dead. Lumaban siya sa amin. Ngayon kung ayaw mong mamatay, bata, bumaba ka at sumunod ka sa amin."

Winter is dead? No...no...way.

"Let's go, kid." The two guys held me and I sensed danger.

"Don't touch me!" I pushed them even though I knew it's not going to work. But I was shocked when I heard them screaming and the next thing I knew, they were frozen.

I immediately left the attic and searched for Winter on the second and first floor but I can't see her anywhere. Where are you, Winter? I don't want to lose you, too.

Winter...

***

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

"What?" I silently cursed myself because I didn't realize that I'm reminiscing my past.

"I have a plan."

"Are you sure it's going to work?"

"Not really but might as well try it."

"Tss."

"I guess that means okay."

He told me his plan using our minds and I can't believe he thought all of that in just a few minutes.

"If this doesn't work, I'm going to freeze you to death."

"And if it does?"

"I'd still freeze you to death. Let's go!"

***