But after a few months, everything was taken away from me.

A series of explosion shook our house and Winter came to my room to get me. I was still half-asleep when she dragged me outside but I came to my senses when I saw what's happening.

"Wag mo nang tignan. Just run, okay?" I nodded even if she can't see me since she's running in front of me. I held back my tears and held Winter's hand tighter as we run.

Sira-sira na halos lahat ng bahay, even our house, at sobrang daming tao ang nakikipaglaban. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw some guys with flaming weapons, frozen guns, strong winds and tornado, and other peculiar sights.

'Run! Run away from here!'

Napahinto ako pero hinatak agad ako ni Ate. Lumingon ako but I didn't see anyone who's looking at our direction. But I'm sure it's...

"M-mom?"

"C'mon, Krystal. Don't look back! We need to run!"

"But...I heard Mom's voice."

"And what did she tell us?"

"R-run..."

"Kaya sundin natin siya."

Natahimik na lang ako at sumunod sa sinabi nila. I ran away with Winter without looking at the surroundings. But suddenly, Winter stopped and I bumped into her back. My right hand which was held by Winter, felt cold and when I looked at it, I swear I saw some ice crystals.

"Dad..." Napatingin agad ako dahil sa sinabi niya and I saw Dad standing in front of us. He's covered with blood and wounds but he's not showing any expression of pain. Winter's grip suddenly tightened.

"I'm glad you two are safe. You need to get away from this place. Winter, do you still remember that place?" Winter nodded and I can feel her whole body trembling.

"B-but what about you and Mom?"

"We still need to lead-"

"How about us?" Natahimik si Dad at mas lalong humigpit ang hawak ni Ate sa akin. Naalala ko bigla na ganun din ang tinanong ko sa kanya a few months ago and now she's asking the same question to Dad.

"I told you, Winter. The day we lead this nation was the day we discarded our own lives. There's no family to consider but only the nation and it's people."

"Of course. Hindi niyo naman kami tinuring na mga anak. We're only one of those people you need to protect and to serve. Well then, thank you, Da-Mr. Ark."

Hinatak ako ni Ate palayo kay Dad and I can see that my right hand is starting to freeze though I don't know how or why. Nilingon ko si Dad pero likod niya lang ang nakikita ko at hindi siya gumagalaw sa pwesto niya. Alam ko rin na umiiyak si Ate pero hindi ko alam kung bakit.

'I'm sorry, Winter, Krystal, but we need to do this. This is the only way to save this nation and to save my family.'

I heard Dad's voice inside my head just like what happened earlier with Mom's. Lumingon ulit ako sa direction ni Dad bago kami lumiko sa isang eskinita and I stumbled because of what I have just seen. A wall of ice emerged in front of him and the surrounding areas were frozen. Even those people who tried to attack him became ice statues and I can feel the chill even if we're far from him.

'I'll protect you from afar. I'll protect you even if it costs my life.'

Hindi ko na ulit nakita si Dad at tumakbo lang kami nang tumakbo hanggang sa makarating kami sa isang lumang bahay. Pumasok agad kami doon and Winter dragged me into the attic. Kitang-kita ang buong place mula rito and I can even see Dad. He's dominating that area even though he's alone.