"That's really good to hear! You like your teachers?"

"Yeah,"

"Good. I heard you had a bit of a struggle reading earlier, you were meant to have things printed on coloured paper but sometimes word doesn't get round, so as of tomorrow that will be fixed. We're going to get you an assessment for dyslexia soon,"

"What does that do?"

"Well, they'll give you a few tasks to do and if you do have it, we can help you with exams, and school work,"

"Okay,"

"We want everyone in the school to reach their full potential, so it's important to us that you get all the help you need! Have you been told about any clubs? They might help you make even more friends,"

"That is too much,"

"Alright, have some quiet time before Ashton comes. Help yourself to tissues,"

If I thought about this all too much my chest hurt. If I looked past the nice school and friends I saw the bad grades, and how I embarrassed myself, and how I didn't know what I was even meant to do at school.

What if I was tricking myself into thinking I had a good day? All this time I was a nervous wreck for school and now I was going to come alone tomorrow and part of me wanted to. What if I was tricking myself? What if this wasn't good? School had never been good why would this be good?

"Alyssa, I heard you did really great today. Moving schools is really tough, but it sounds like you made friends, and were polite to the teachers, and tried doing the work,"

"Yeah,"

"We're gonna get you and Axel into some tutoring so you can catch up, but keep doing your best. It's okay to struggle a bit, all your teachers will help you out,"

I nodded and dried my eyes, covering my face with my hand until Ashton eventually came, picking my bag up from beside me.

"You didn't punch anyone too did ya?"

"She did not. She's won all her teachers and classmates over from what I heard!"

"Oh that's brilliant," he said, crouching down to invade my eyeline, "But probably very tiring huh? Shall we go home?"

"Where is Axel? Did you kick him out?"

"Of course I didn't kick him out, he's at Gabi's, she was the only person around,"

"You still love him?"

"I still love him. Come on, it's pasta for tea, you can tell me about your day while I cook,"

He put my bag on his shoulder and held his hand out, then took me to the car, helping me buckle up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's been a mixed day,"

"I'm so proud of you. Wanna pick a treat up on the way home?"

"I think I have all the things I want,"

"Sounds about right, to be fair. So, tell me about your friends? Axel hasn't said much,"

"June, Maria, and Haz," I said quietly.

"Well that sounds awfully familiar,"

"To April, Maja, and Henry?"

"How did you know?"

"They're siblings,"

"No way! That's pretty cool,"

"I guess. Cos everyone loves Gabi," I grumbled.