Chapter 41: Into Unknown Territory

His trip to I-Island was sort of a bust since villains decided that the one time they'd be able to get through the security had to be the time when Katsuki was there. And of course, Kirishima had shown up with his things already packed at his doorstep, pretending that he had invited him... but even though he hadn't, he was still grateful for the redhead being there.

'Same with Iida, Shinso, Uraraka, the others... Luckily they both didn't mention my small panic attack to them.' Katsuki sighed to himself as once again, he finished packing up things for another trip that everyone would be at this time.

The summer training camp.

But being honest with himself, Katsuki didn't want to go completely. A part of him was frantic about if Deku suddenly came while he was with his classmates and having to explain why he knew a fucking 'villain'. He really hoped Deku wouldn't because the guy was cautious... but he just wanted to see him as soon as humanly possible.

"Bakugo?"

A voice entered his thoughts, shutting them down as he looked over to who called his name, a small part of him hoping it was either Iida or Kirishima. But it was Todoroki; not the worst person to come upon but not who he had hoped. Least it wasn't Mineta.

"Todoroki, fancy meeting you." Katsuki waved for the male to walk with him, the red and white haired taking the offer as he caught up.

"I don't think it's too fancy meeting you. We are going to the same place." Todoroki countered his greeting with his usual blunt expression, the spiky-haired blond rolling his eyes under his eyelids.

"Figure of speech; just trying to say it's nice meeting you here." Katsuki explained his words straight forward, seeing that was the only way he'd understand.

"Oh..."

"Anyway, didn't think you'd be walking to the school. Thought one of your butlers would drive you or Endeavor himself." Katsuki made a gag noise while sticking his tongue out, his index motioned inside.

"That's exactly why I left early. Fuyumi-nii offered to give me a ride the night before, but I didn't want to disturb her so she could sleep in and so our father wouldn't yell at me about training. Besides, you would be walking alone if I did." Todoroki answered while a scowl formed upon his lips as he mentioned his abusive parent, Katsuki nodding along with a sense of understanding.

"It wouldn't've bothered me if I walked alone. Sometimes it can be nice."

"Oh, then sorry for intruding."

"Not that you're not welcome; that's not what I meant." Katsuki softly groaned, thinking to himself about how it felt like he was walking on eggshells when talking to this guy.

But he had been through a lot and needed a friend or two. Or ten; how big had his friend group ranged to, damn?

The two boys of Class 1-A boarded the bullet train for U.A. High, meeting up with a couple more of their classmates along the way until they eventually entered the campus grounds, seeing others from Class 1-B walking along the pathway. After a strict talk from their homeroom teacher's, the thirty-nine students of the first year hero course went into small groups and hyped each other up while the two pro heroes went to get the buses.

"Ah! I'm so excited!" Ashido cheered out, grabbing hands with Uraraka and Kaminari as she jumped up and down, the other two following as they cheered together about the camp.

"You'll spoil your breakfast if you continue jumping like that..." Mineta huffed as he watched the three while Ojiro was on the phone with his girlfriend in the back.

"Hell yeah...!" Kirishima quickly joined into their excitement, completing their circle as they frolic around without a care in the world, Shinso in the background laughing his ass off.