Chapter 34: Another Learns The Truth

TW: MENTIONS OF PAST ABUSE, PANIC ATTACK AND MANIPULATION

*********************************************

The ambulances that were called finally arrived, taking Iida and Bakugo in separate vehicles with Todoroki deciding to ride with the blond, informing his father before he dashed off with the flaming pro hero shouting out his denial to lost ears. Once the truck pulled into the Hosu City hospital, the boys were taken into the same rooms with different doctors examining the three of them; only scrapes and bruises for Todoroki while the other two were treated for infection. After they were bandaged up and treated, the same detective from USJ came into the room asking the two if it was all right for a quick interview so that the events that happened were still fresh. To which they agreed.

"Thank you for your time, I'll leave you to boys to rest now." the man nodded to the two, reaching for the door handle to exit until he seemed to remember something, glancing over to Toodorki on the spare bed as he spoke, "Oh, and Todoroki-kun, Endeavor wants you back since you don't have fatal injuries."

As soon as the detective made his leave; closing the door behind him, Bakugo turned to his friend immediately, saying, "Todoroki, you don't have to-"

"It's fine, Bakugo. I wasn't injured like you and Iida were, and I need more training from that old man anyway." Todoroki stood up from his bed, his gaze locking into Bakugo's in assurement before he asked the two, "How did you find the hero killer and Yamikumo?"

"It's like we said, we ran through the alleyways until we found him and that dead hero..." Bakugo answered the question with the same answer he gave the detective.

"No, I mean, how did you find them? And how did you two find each other?"

There was a tense second of silence until Bakugo broke it, explaining, "My mentor and I were traveling to Shibuya before he got caught up in the attack and I found Iida while running around trying to help people before we heard a scream and thought it was someone in trouble."

The answer seemed to satisfy Todoroki, his eyes unreadable before he blinked, walking toward the door of the room.

"Do you want me to-"

A loud crash echoed from the tall slim storage cabinet in the corner, surprising the three as they turned their eyes to it. Once the noise stopped after a few seconds more, Todoroki looked back at the two boys in beds.

"Do you want me to turn off the lights for you?"

He played it off like nothing happened, and so Iida and Bakugo did too, nodding in reply that yes, they did want the lights turned off. Todoroki flicked the switch down in response, opening the door to leave and closed it behind him, his footsteps echoing down the hallway as he left.

"Is it that easy for you to lie?" Iida turned on the ash blond once their classmate left.

"Of course not. It hurts that I have to do it everyday."

His answer surprised the blue-haired male, blinking his eyes wide while Bakugo only stared at the closed door on the other side of the room. A few seconds later, the noise in the cabinet started up again, making the duo faintly jump again until the tall wooden door suddenly opened, Bakugo leaping up from his bed to hide behind the taller male before Midoriya stumbled out, some of the supplies inside falling on top of him too.

"Deku...!" Bakugo pulled away from Iida as he sprinted out toward the teen picking himself up off the floor.

Once he made it over to Midoriya, who glanced up to look at him, the green-haired gripped the blond's shoulder before twisting him around and lifting up his hospital gown.