Chapter 20: One For All

********************************************

"What about Shinso...?"

The words spilled from his tongue before Katsuki could stop and think about his question and choice of successor for All Might.

"Young Shinso...?" All Might repeated the name in question.

"Y-Yeah... um, Shinso doesn't have a physical quirk and you said it can boost a person's strength and quirk, so... I just thought maybe he would be a good option..." Katsuki tightened his grip around the warm cup in his hands, the tea probably at room temperature.

"Hmm..."

Katsuki could tell All Might was at least considering his splatter.

"We would have to discuss this with Young Shinso and get his opinion. But not now, your lunch period is to end soon and you should hurry back before it ends and grab a bite to eat." All Might proposed, pushing himself up off the couch, Katsuki following and placing his lukewarm drink onto the small coffee table.

He quickly bowed to his teacher while saying, "Thank you for the tea."

"Not at all, Young Bakugo." Toshinori waved off the gesture, smiling softly as his gaze followed the boy's movements out the door, sliding it closed and him letting out a small sigh, turning back to his own drink of green tea.

He hadn't told Bakugo about All for One. That was something that couldn't be explained in roughly an hour of lunch. And truly, Toshinori was a little surprised when the young man presented Shinso. He knew the boy was quite humble, trying to rid off his old ways, but the number one hero didn't entirely see Shinso Hitsohi as the successor of One for All. He was already training with Aizawa, and he didn't want the young man to hide secrets from the underground pro, but... He could at least see what he would say to the offer. But what he didn't understand was why the blond young boy wanted someone else to inherit his quirk instead of his offer to Midoriya...?

=============================================================================

Throughout the rest of the day, Katsuki hadn't meant to keep his eye on the lavender-haired deputy of his class, but he couldn't help but keep his eye on Shinso. And he could tell that the guy was getting slightly aggravated about his staring.

"Oi, Bakugo, something bothering you 'bout me?" Shinso chuckled sarcastically to the blond, shooting him a smirk as they sat in the classroom, waiting for their last period of the day to start.

"Just... zoning out, I guess..." Katsuki rubbed his neck awkwardly, knowing he wouldn't take that as an answer, but he'd know soon enough.

"Okay, then, whatever... Is it about what All Might wanted with you?" Shinso wondered, Katsuki glancing back to see the eyebagged student tapping his index against his chin with a thoughtful expression.
"Guess you could say that..." Katsuki ran his hand down his neck, facing back for the front of the room before realizing this was a perfect opportunity to tell Shinso to meet back up with All Might. Turning back to the purplenette, who still had his eye on him, he reminded him, "Oh, All Might said he wanted to see you after school, too."

"Really? Why?" Shinso scrunched up his face in question.

"Class rep..." Katsuki pointed to himself before gesturing back to him in answer, "...class deputy. Just overall how the class is doing after the attack."

"Fair point." Shinso shrugged at the solid lie, blinking as his gaze focused on the door to the room, grimacing faintly, "Though, first we'll have to survive..."

Just as Katsuki turned his body to the front right corner, bracing himself mentally, the door slammed open with a loud bag, the seductive pro hero Midnight standing with her small whip weapon in hand.