The Love Square {11}

I rang the doorbell and waited. Collie pulled his front door open and stepped aside so I could come in.

                “Follow me. I was trying to eat quick before you got here. Are you hungry? I can get you something to eat,” he said, leading me upstairs.

                “No, I ate before I came here,” I said as we entered a small kitchen.

                Collie motioned at a stool and I took a seat on it. Collie sat next to me and began to eat ramen out of a bowl.

                “Colin said he’d pretend he likes you,” Collie explained, lowering his voice. “Just don’t be your usual clingy self towards him. Okay?”

                I chuckled and nodded. “Don’t worry Collie; I’ve got it,” I promised him.

                The backdoor opened and I spun around as Colin and a man walked through it, talking to each other. I forced myself to keep a calm expression despite the fact that Colin’s T-shirt was partially tied on his belt loop, leaving his smooth chest and gorgeous abs exposed.

                “But dad, I thought it was supposed to rain,” Colin was saying.

                Mr. Archer shook his head, placing a hand on Colin’s bare shoulder and smiling. “Nah Colin. It’s going to rain the next night. We can still have our bonfire on Wednesday!”

                Colin looked over and noticed me. His expression darkened, but Collie shot him a warning look and he forced a smile.

                “Hi Anthony,” Colin greeted.

                “Hi Colin!” I said, giving him a small wave.

                “Dad, this is Ant. Ant, this is my dad,” Collie said, lazily gesturing to his father.

                “Nice to meet you Ant,” Mr. Archer said, pulling his hand away from Colin’s shoulder and offering it to me. I shook it and smiled at him.

                “Nice to meet you too Mr. Archer,” I said.

                Colin went over to the sink and washed his hands. Mr. Archer went over to him, washing his hands as well. Colin dried his hands and eyed me suspiciously, grabbing his shirt and pulling it on, glaring at me when his father wasn’t paying attention.

                “Did you need something Colin?” Collie asked in annoyance.

                “Nothing at all,” Colin said, shrugging and dropping the glare as his dad turned back to face us.

                “So Ant, what do your parents do?” Mr. Archer asked, sitting in the stool across from us.

                “My mom’s a pharmacist,” I said.

                “What about your father?” he asked.

                “I don’t have a father,” I said.

                “Dad, go away,” Collie said, standing up and picking up his bowl. He went over and set his now empty bowl down in the sink before coming back over to me. “You know what? Never mind dad. You and Colin stay here. Ant and I are going downstairs. Leave us alone while we’re working.”

                “Collie, please watch your attitude,” Mr. Archer said sternly.

                Collie grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs to the basement of his house. He led me through a laundry room into a freezing cold room that I was assuming was his bedroom.