The Love Square {10}

***Ant’s POV***

                “Ant, are you sure you want to go to the Archer’s house on Sunday?” Zane asked me nervously as we walked to my locker.

                “Yea, I’m sure!” I said cheerfully.

                “You’re crazy,” he said with a sigh, stopping at my locker and watching me put in my combination.

                I shrugged. “You’re probably right, but that’s okay with me!”

                “Just promise me you’ll leave if things start to go wrong?” he asked.

                “I promise,” I said, holding out my pinky to him. He laughed and wrapped his pinky around mine before releasing it.

                I grabbed my stuff and followed Zane to his locker. We made our way out of the school and down to the parking lot, getting in my car together.

                I dropped Zane off and drove myself home. I went into the house and upstairs to find my mother and talk to her about Collie coming over tomorrow.

                “Anthony!” she said happily as I found her sitting at the kitchen counter.

                “Hi mom. Hey, can I have a, uh, friend over tomorrow? We need to work on an English project together,” I explained.

                “A friend? Someone other than Zane?” she asked.

                I nodded and she jumped up, hugging me tightly. I mentally groaned. Here comes crazy, emotional mama Andrews.

                “Aw Anthony! You’re making friends! I’m so happy for you!” she cried.

                “Yea mom,” I said, patting her on the back. “Uh, I’m gonna go call Collie and tell him he can come over.”

                “Okay,” she said, stepping away from me. She bit her lip and took my hand in hers, squeezing it tightly. “Ant, I really am happy for you. You really shut down after…” She stopped, her eyes watering. “Well, I’m glad you’re happy and starting to make friends again.”

                I smiled softly and pulled her into a hug. “I’m going to go call Collie now mom,” I said, releasing her and heading into my bedroom.

                I pulled out my phone and dialed Collie’s number, sitting on my bed. The phone rang in my ear and I whistled as I waited for him to answer.

                “Hello?” he finally answered.

                “Hi Collie! I checked with my mom, and she’s fine with you coming over tomorrow,” I said, smiling.

                “Awesome. I’ll be there around noon, I guess. Text me your address,” he said and hung up.

                I stared at the phone in confusion. “Goodbye to you too,” I said, rolling my eyes. I texted him my address and grabbed my laptop. Since I had the rest of the night to myself, I might as well watch some movies or something to kill time until I was tired enough to sleep.

                                                                                                ***