Part 10

Abheer Singh Rathore

Abheer was sitting beside his wife in the same car. The thing that was surprising him the most was that she didn't even shed a single tear during the whole journey and was continously looking out of the window. Like as per what he have heard and seen, girls just hate the thought of getting away from their family. He saw her fiddling with her dupatta(veil) and he was sure that she was thinking something deeply but what was it? 

He looked towards her face. She was surely beautiful and the moonlight was reflecting on her face which was making her look more appealing and the vermillion which was spreaded on her forehead and nose was making her look more ethereal. The mangalsutra hanging around her neck was giving him a weird and soothing satisfaction but before thinking anything he wanted answers. He wanted to know that what happened suddenly that she had to replace alisha.

He turned his head away from her as he didn't wanted to look like a creep who was continously staring at her. After 20 minutes of traveling more, they finally reached their home.

Abheer got out of the car and opened the door for her to come out but then vanshika came forward to help her. Ruhani was standing at the door while holding a plate of aarti to welcome them. They both started walking towards the entrance. Everyone was in awe seeing the power couple. They were surely made for each other. Ruhani put tilak on their forehead and did aarti. Then ruhani asked her to slowly kick the pot filled with rice which was kept on entrance and then a thali(plate) with alta was place in front of her. she steps in a mixture of milk and vermillion, leaving red footprints to represent the manifestation of Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of love, beauty, and fortune and walked over the white cloth which was sprawled on the floor.

Then maadhvi and ruhani guided the couple inside the temple. They both got seated infront of the shivling of Mahadev. Ruhani and maadhvi prayed to mahadev to bless their children and asked them to give them strength so that they both can balance their married life.

As they all were tired so maadhvi asked everyone to leave for their room as further rituals will be conducted tomorrow. When everyone left for their room then ruhani said "Vanshika, escort aadhvi to abheer's room." Vanshika nodded her head and took her to abheer's room which was also her room now.

After they left then abheer said, "Mom, dad we need to talk."

"Let's talk in my room." said vikrant and left from there.

"Maa why would you do that and where is alisha?" Abheer questioned her.

"She ran away." said vikrant in his cold voice.

"Lekin wo esa kyun karegi. hamne shadi se pehle bhi uski marji puchi thi aur chalo thik hai mana ki alisha bhag gayi lekin tumne aadhvi ko hi kyun chuna, uss bichari ka kya lena dena tha isse." Inquired maadhvi.

Ruhani closed her eyes took a deep breath and said after opening her eyes "She is rishika, maa" Maadhvi's eyes widened hearing it.

Abheer was confused to see the expression of everyone, who is rishika and what does she have to do with his family. He came out of his thoughts when he heard his Dadi's broken voice.

"Sh-she is our rish-rishika. Rachit and ish-ishika."

"Maa calm down please." Vikrant said to his mother who was getting emotional listening to the revelation.

"Th-then are they al-also-"

"No maa, they are not here." said vikrant in his painful voice.

Abheer was shocked to see his mother and dadi crying and his dad's teary eyes. He immediately asked "Maa what is going on. Who is she?"