Part 8

[listen to the above song to enjoy the chapter!]

Abheer Singh Rathore

"Ruhani beta, ek baar jaakar to dekh ki abheer taiyyar hua ya nahi. Baraat nikalne ka time ho raha hai." Said madhvi.

"Jii mummy ji" and ruhani left from there smilingly.

Ruhani's excitement was totally evident on her face. After all, her workaholic and stubborn son was getting married. As a mother she was always worried for abheer because of his stubborn nature and his workaholic behavior.

Whenever ruhani asked him to spend some time in family events and functions He used to escape everytime saying this one sentence ' C'mon mom I don't have a "9-5". I have a when I open my eyes to when I close my eyes.' But not anymore, Once he would get married then he won't be able to get away easily. She was planning to irritate abheer with her daughter-in-law.

Ruhani reached abheer's room and opened the door to see reyansh and his cousins screaming and hooting the name of Alisha trying to tease abheer. She just shooked her head at their childish behavior but when she looked towards abheer, her eyes got moist seeing her son looking so perfect. It was like a dream come true.

She went towards him and seeing ruhani everyone became silent

She went towards him and seeing ruhani everyone became silent. Abheer smiled and bent down to touch her feet to take her blessings.

"Hamesha khush raho beta" but now she just couldn't control her tears. Everyone left the room to give some time to mother-son.

"Mom aap ro kyuu rahe ho?" and he made her sit on the bed and kneeled infront of her wiping her tears. Ruhani smiled hearing his worried voice.

"Kuch nahi beta, shayad kabhi socha nahi tha ki main apne bete ko iss roop mein bhi dekh paungi. Ek baar ko to main sochne lagi thi ki kahin tum sach mein tumhe ladko me to interest nahi hai but thank god esa kuch nahi tha." She laughed saying this.

"mom" he said getting annoyed.

"Arre majak kar rahi hun, lekin beta mujhe kuch bahot zaruri baat karni hai" Abheer nodded his head asking her to continue. She held his hands in hers and started speaking.

"It is really difficult to believe how time has flown and this little chap who held my finger and learnt to walk is all set to start a new life, a new family..." abheer smiled heartedly.

"I will now have to share you with someone else and, that is the scariest thought for me to imagine right now. I hope that even after you start a new life... you will always remember the beautiful journey we have been through.....You know beta, I will make conscious efforts to treat my daughter-in-law as my daughter, not just because it will help me stay closer to you but mainly because she too is leaving her family behind to come and start a new one with us. Par beta as a husband it's your duty to understand her and her problems and most importantly to respect her decisions and to stand with her in the every phase of life... With today's changing times, you never know how well or not a girl might adjust in a new unfamiliar family set up. So, now it's your responsibility to make her comfortable here. As life changes, so do relationships and the degree of priorties in our lives. But, however important or unimportant we might be for you, you will always be the center of our universe... you are the best son any parent could ask for. We're so proud of you..."