Chapter 59

"Don't bother trying. What relationship do we have that I can harm you?" Bian Yingning said earnestly.

Jiang Jiaotao remained silent on the other end.

Unable to do anything, Bian Yingning had to suppress her anxiety and persuasively said:

"My silly treasure, how about this? Just wait for a moment. I'll find an old man. After I divorce the old man, the money will be ours. We can live comfortably together."

"But you must not get involved with that Nan Gong whatever. The situation there is deeper than you can imagine. You won't be able to handle it!"

"..."

As Bian Yingning spoke, Jiang Jiaotao on the other end of the phone remained completely silent, with only faint electrical sounds echoing in the receiver, proving that the call was still connected.

"Jiang Jiaotao?"

This was the first time Bian Yingning called her by her name.

Jiang Jiaotao, who was sitting on the other side and removing her face mask, felt her heart warm. She took a few deep breaths and hoarsely replied, "Stop talking. I'll go find the old man."

The next second, the phone was hung up by someone.

Bian Yingning was stunned.

"???"

Why couldn't you just wait patiently for my good news?

This doesn't match my expectations at all.

Aren't you supposed to be deeply moved and start waiting lazily for her to bring billions of yuan to buy a house together?

[Host's Drawing False Hope value +50]

"!"

This time, Bian Yingning was truly dumbfounded.

"System?"

"..."

Silent and unresponsive.

Impossible. Did she just have a hallucination? She clearly heard the mechanical voice of the system, and it even said she gained fifty experience points!

"System, don't play dead. I know you're there, make a sound!"

"..."

Bian Yingning, who had been monologuing for a long time, became numb. "Are you pretending to be unresponsive because you're afraid I'll question what happened when I fainted?"

It's not impossible, right?

This thought made a lot of sense to Bian Yingning.

"Fine, great, then I'll just lie here and not do any tasks, waiting for lightning to strike me. We can all perish together."

After saying that, Bian Yingning lay on the bed with her feet up in the air, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"..."

Minutes and seconds passed, and the current situation with Jiang Jiaotao remained unknown. Bian Yingning continued to lie motionless, and everything seemed to be at a standstill.

After some time, accompanied by a sound like a computer startup sound, the voice of the system reappeared, trying its best to add a cheerful tone to its voice.

"My dear host, I have finally finished upgrading. I've missed you so much during these days!"

Bian Yingning: "Heh."

System: "... After all this time, the host still has such a personality!"

Bian Yingning responded by turning over and closing her eyes, pretending to be ready to sleep.