Chapter 8

① According to the summary of online readers, nine out of ten domineering CEO novels are about business tycoons. Eight of them do not indulge in women, seven require family alliances, six will have a car accident, and five of them have met the female lead when they were children.

They also suffer from insomnia, headaches, and chills, and can only sleep well when holding the female lead.

Since Nan Gongjin met Ji Xiaoxue, besides her pure and innocent character catching his attention, her eyes also made him feel vaguely familiar.

There was a sense of deja vu.

So much so that he couldn't forget about her.

When he had a splitting headache late at night, he got up and lit a cigar, lost in thought.

In the end, as if he had made a decision, he put out the cigar and picked up his phone.

With Ji Xiaoxue's information in hand, Nan Gongjin sat in his luxurious boss chair on the 88th floor of his office, facing the huge floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city, and called Shang Qinghui.

Under the guise of caring for Shang Qinghui, he asked her how she was getting along with her new classmates after starting school.

He suggested having a class reunion, and he would arrange the location and activities for her to bring her classmates to play.

The Nan family's current industries include leisure and entertainment, such as entertainment cities, cinemas, and shopping malls.

It took a while for Shang Qinghui to answer the phone, and her voice sounded like she was on the roadside.

She was very excited when she heard Nan Gongjin's proposal, feeling that he was very thoughtful and willing to do so much for her in order to win the hearts of her classmates.

But before they could confirm anything, the sound on Shang Qinghui's end suddenly disappeared, along with sobbing and what seemed to be distant yelling.

After a grating friction sound, he heard something fall to the ground with a bang, and no one responded no matter how he asked.

Nan Gongjin's sharp face was shrouded in bone-chilling coldness as he stood up, holding the phone, and found Shang's family's number.

...

"Boss, is this person normal?" the third brother in the back seat asked the kidnapper driving the van in a coarse voice, while tightly binding Bian Yingning.

The kidnapper boss gave him a cold glare through the rearview mirror, "Could a non-normal person lie here? You slapped her twice and she didn't even react. Do you believe it?"

The third brother raised his hand and gestured twice towards the still unconscious Bian Yingning's delicate face, but he couldn't bring himself to hit her.

"But just now, she ran faster than the van!"

Although the three of them had done this kind of thing before, their hearts were still beating fast.

The scene where they were being chased just now was so thrilling that they still couldn't calm down.

The driver was still breathing heavily.

Just as he was thinking about it, the van suddenly stalled with a clang.

The three strong men were so frightened that they trembled. The boss in front was the first to react, and he quickly restarted the van before they could move.

"Damn, it must be this broken old van, it's too slow. That's why we were caught up."

The boss slammed the steering wheel hard and cursed.