Chapter 56

Bian Yingning was originally just joking around. She thought Shang Qinghui was just joking when she said she was responsible for her, but...

Bian Yingning, who had just been sent home, watched as Shang Qinghui took out snacks one by one from a huge box and placed them in her living room.

There were all kinds of candies, chocolates, energy drinks, and milk candy, to the extent that she could open a small convenience store in her own home the next second.

"What are you doing?" Bian Yingning asked cautiously.

Shang Qinghui sat down on the sofa, looking tired. "I'm afraid you might have aftereffects. When you feel something is wrong, just eat."

"..."

"These are fast-acting heart-saving pills. When you feel something is wrong, eat them too." She somehow took out two boxes of medicine from somewhere and placed them on the coffee table.

Bian Yingning: "?"

"Aren't these for people with heart disease?"

Shang Qinghui frowned, seeming puzzled as well.

"..."

While the two were silent, Bian Yingning's phone rang.

Bian Yingning picked it up and saw that it was a call from Jiang Jiaotao.

Instead of answering immediately, she said to Shang Qinghui, "It's alright, it's nothing major. If you're responsible for me, it's just words. You can go back."

Saying that, she turned and went upstairs, asking Aunt Zhuo to see the guest out. "Hey, Sister Peach?"

"Miss Shang?" Aunt Zhuo walked over to Shang Qinghui and saw that she was still staring at Bian Yingning's figure, her expression a bit unpleasant, so she asked.

Shang Qinghui snapped out of it, turned around, and seemed to leave with a hint of anger.

Aunt Zhuo looked at her retreating figure, then looked at the empty staircase, not understanding the situation between the two.

....

Jiang Jiaotao followed the usual routine and asked Bian Yingning if she was going to practice dancing today. If she was, then she wouldn't go to work. The life of a slacker is that simple.

Bian Yingning pouted and acted spoiled, "Ah, I just came out of the hospital..."

There was a moment of silence on the other end, "... Then I'll have to go to work today."

Bian Yingning: "..."

Does it have to be so straightforward? Can't you show some concern for me first?

Jiang Jiaotao confirmed her own plans before remembering Bian Yingning's words, "Why did you go to the hospital?"

"... I fainted and was taken to the hospital for emergency treatment. It's quite embarrassing when I think about it." The intention to seek comfort was quite obvious, right?

"It's fine, anyway, you fainted at that time."

There's some truth to that statement as well.

....

Duanmu Zhengjie returned home after a two-day business trip and immediately noticed her younger brother rummaging through the liquor cabinet, with a strong smell of alcohol emanating from him. His steps were unsteady, indicating that he had consumed quite a bit.

"What are you doing?" Duanmu Zhengjie approached and asked.

Duanmu Zhenghao looked up, saw it was her, and lowered his head again to continue searching for good liquor. "Just looking for some alcohol to drink."