Chapter 22

Bian Yingning stood up and couldn't help but lower her head to look at Shang Qinghui's delicate and beautiful face as she took a step forward.

She hoarsely said, "If you can't give up on first place, then you should do your best to get it."

Shang Qinghui lifted her eyes, and the expression in them was difficult to discern. "Why say something like that?"

Bian Yingning silently looked at her for a while without speaking, and turned around to leave according to her wishes, but was called back by Shang Qinghui.

She turned around, and Shang Qinghui pointed with her chin to the cup of milk tea Bian Yingning had brought with her next to the cosmetics she had opened on the table. "Take your garbage with you."

"You really don't know how to appreciate kindness," Bian Yingning muttered as she picked up the milk tea.

If you don't want it, then don't take it. She didn't want to give it to her either.

She really didn't know how to approach this task, so she could only do her best.

"Can I complete the task?" Bian Yingning asked the system in her mind.

"If you don't fail, then you can definitely do it," the system responded emotionlessly.

"Okay, I'll listen to you," Bian Yingning said.

After closing the door for Shang Qinghui, Bian Yingning turned around and almost collided with someone passing by.

"Sorry," the other person's voice was weak, but somewhat familiar. Bian Yingning took a closer look and saw that it was the female lead, Ji Xiaoxue.

At noon, she had used her skills to flatter her and said a lot, selling her loyalty. Now they met again so soon, and for the first time, Bian Yingning felt a little embarrassed.

Ji Xiaoxue was also surprised to see her when she recognized her, but she looked past her and her gaze fell on the pink note on the door behind her.

"Shang Qinghui" was written on it, glaringly obvious.

"Xiaoxue, you look really beautiful today," Bian Yingning quickly changed her attitude and complimented her.

As in the original novel, Ji Xiaoxue's performance tonight was still an adapted sad song.

It was unclear whether she was trying to highlight her differences or if she didn't have suitable clothes for the occasion, but she was only wearing a simple white dress tonight.

However, there were a few small braids in her hair, and her makeup had a bit of a smoky feel, not too simple.

The light purple eye shadow at the corners of her eyes formed an upward curve, which was probably not her own doing. There may have been a makeup artist specifically for her.

Ji Xiaoxue entered the competition in the semifinals, so she didn't have her own dressing room and had to share with the other contestants.

After making herself look nice, the dressing room was too noisy, so she wanted to go to the bathroom to hide for a while. 

She didn't expect to run into Bian Yingning coming out of Shang Qinghui's dressing room with a cup of milk tea in her hand and complimented her on her beauty.

Ji Xiaoxue pursed her lips and didn't say anything, walking around her to continue towards the corner of the hallway where the bathroom was located.

Bian Yingning quickly grabbed Ji Xiaoxue's arm and said, "Um... here's a milk tea for you. Good luck with the competition!"