Chapter 31

Bian Yingning didn't walk fast, her steps were somewhat floating. Shang Qinghui's heart followed her footsteps, as if being wrapped by a thread and slowly pulled up.

The people at the horse racing field had already put aside their own affairs and were constantly watching the hidden currents among three or four individuals.

Watching Hua Cancan running on horseback with Bian Yingning, watching Hua Cancan dismount and Shang Qinghui approaching, seeing Shang Qinghui slap the horse that Bian Yingning was riding...

Watching Bian Yingning motionless, letting the horse lead her, and then watching Hua Cancan chase after her and bring her down from the horse... Now ― Bian Yingning is walking towards Shang Qinghui.

No one knew what had happened between the three of them, only endless speculations circulated among the crowd.

Shang Qinghui stared blankly as Bian Yingning approached. She didn't understand. Could it be that Bian Yingning really couldn't ride a horse anymore? Why was Hua Cancan so nervous just now...

"I..." Shang Qinghui wanted to say something, but she wasn't sure what had happened to Bian Yingning, nor what she was thinking. Was this some kind of trick? But why did it feel so real?

Bian Yingning passed by her.

Just as Shang Qinghui was about to say something to take the initiative but didn't know what to say, Bian Yingning walked over and passed her by.

It was then that Shang Qinghui realized that in Bian Yingning's eyes, there was no trace of herself.

It was as if she was nothing more than a pillar-like object, supposed to stay here. She wouldn't be curious or puzzled about it, nor did she have anything to say to her.

Her heart felt heavy and painful, as if filled with mercury.

Shang Qinghui would rather have her come over and question her, or even give her a slap... anything would be better than being ignored so indifferently.

Shang Qingfeng came back again and saw that Bian Yingning had already walked away. He asked Shang Qinghui, "Why did Miss Bian leave?"

Shang Qinghui didn't say a word, she just lowered her head.

Hua Cancan, who was in the distance, walked over. Shang Qinghui thought she would confront her like she did earlier, but she did the same thing, silently passing by her.

Shang Qinghui's eyes turned red. Did she... do something very bad?

During their horse race, they would kick each other's horses or make whipping gestures, but now, all she did was lightly pat Bian Yingning's horse's buttocks. Why did it feel so severe?

It was as if... they had truly become enemies.

Bian's mother and Ouyang Fei also saw this scene. Ouyang Fei chuckled, "The three of them have another little conflict."

But Bian's mother didn't laugh.

...

In the evening, when Bian's mother returned home, Bian Yingning was sitting with her legs crossed in the audiovisual room, watching a movie.

The huge screen almost covered one wall. Bian Yingning sat on the sofa, holding a cup of freshly squeezed juice that she had instructed the maid to make. She drank it sip by sip.

As soon as Bian's mother pushed open the door, she saw a zombie on the screen, with its mouth wide open, lunging towards the camera. It looked as if it was about to jump out of the screen and bite her.

The sound effects from the excellent speakers made it feel as if she was really there, and Bian's mother was startled, giving her a shiver.

In addition, the room was dimly lit. If it wasn't for the light from the screen, she wouldn't have been able to see where Bian Yingning was. "Why don't you turn on the lights? It's so scary to watch something like this."