Chapter 36

Bian Yingning and Duanmu Zhengjie walked into Duanmu Zhenghao's ward while talking. When Duanmu Zhenghao saw Bian Yingning's beautiful face, he showed a hint of joy.

After exchanging a few simple greetings, Duanmu Zhenghao began to tell Bian Yingning about his heroic deeds from last night, how he fought with the robbers, how he captured them, and so on.

Bian Yingning listened with a smile, but her gaze fell on Duanmu Zhengjie, who was busy with her phone, beside them.

Duanmu Zhenghao seemed to notice Bian Yingning's gaze. He glanced at Duanmu Zhengjie and said, "Sister, what are you busy with? Why don't you join us for a chat?"

Duanmu Zhengjie looked up from her phone with a puzzled look and said, "I'm sorry, I was being rude."

She put away her phone and her gaze became sharp. "I remember Miss Bian is still in her sophomore year, right?"

Bian Yingning smiled sweetly. "Yes, sister. I didn't expect you to know about me."

Implied meaning - So, you care about me that much.

Duanmu Zhengjie smiled lightly. "I've heard a little."

"But Miss Bian doesn't have classes today?"

"I only had a morning class today. I came right after class... By the way, sister Duanmu, you don't have to be so formal. Just call me... Ningning."

Looking at Bian Yingning's innocent appearance, Duanmu Zhengjie found it hard to connect her with the "boss" who replaced her rose under the steak with a heart.

"How can that be? We still need to observe proper etiquette."

"Look at what sister is saying. We don't need to talk about these formalities between us."

"How is Miss Bian's academic performance usually? What's your GPA?"

"It's embarrassing to say, but I have to study hard like sister Duanmu. I've heard that sister has always been at the top of her class. I wonder if you have any experience to share?"

"I don't have any special experience. Just take everything seriously."

"Sister is right."

As they continued their conversation, Duanmu Zhenghao scratched his head. It felt like there was no room for him in their interaction.

So he interrupted and said, "Ningning, have you had lunch?"

Bian Yingning was taken aback by his address and felt a tingling sensation on her scalp for a few seconds. Well, his sister was still declining, but he didn't seem to care at all.

"... Not yet." But looking at his current state, she couldn't go out to eat with him, right?

"At this hour, you must be hungry since you haven't had lunch. How about sister buying some lunch for us to eat together? It's a pity that I can't go out with you like this due to my leg injury." In the last sentence, Duanmu Zhenghao showed some self-blame.

Duanmu Zhengjie's eyebrows twitched imperceptibly when she had originally planned to have the housekeeper deliver the food.

However, upon second thought, she realized that her brother was trying to get rid of her. Once she understood, she stood up and said, "Alright, what do you want to eat? I'll pack it for you."

Duanmu Zhenghao hadn't even had a chance to order yet when Bian Yingning anxiously stood up and said, "How can I let Sister Duanmu buy food for me..."

Duanmu Zhenghao, who made the suggestion, replied, "It's alright..."