Chapter 19: Tobirama's Legacy

Start from the beginning

Both of them were interrupted from their chat when two birds landed right beside them...and they were quite surprised to see Armin and Rangiku hopping off from the birds and running towards them.

Rangiku was horrified on seeing the condition Naruto was in, his entire body was covered in blood...just what happened back there.

She ran forward and before he could react she hugged him tightly...and a few tears slipped from her eyes on seeing him alive.

''Rangiku..." said Naruto in a hollow voice, it felt warm...this feeling that he was having in his heart was so different, was this the power of love?

"Are you two alright?" asked Armin worriedly, and Naruto averted his eyes from his friend...instead he just hugged Rangiku back.

"Yeah...what are you two doing here? You are supposed to provide air support for the Garrison force..." said Hawk seriously, and Armin had expected this question.

"We were sent to rescue your squad by Commander Fox...he figured you guys would need help considering the last information Naruto gave him," explained Armin briefly, and Hawk was glad the Commander sent these two, he didn't know if he could make it back in time.

Rangiku broke the hug...and gently took Naruto's Anbu mask off, and the first thing she saw was hatred in his eyes, the desire to kill everything...and she had an idea as to what had happened.

"Where's the rest of your squad?" asked Rangiku carefully, and again she saw the anger and hatred increasing in his eyes.

"They are gone...those bastards killed them, and I'm gonna kill every last one of them!" said Naruto angrily, and Rangiku was very sad on hearing that.

"I'm sorry...I know you must be in pain, but you shouldn't let so much hatred remain inside yourself," said Rangiku seriously, and this time she saw a betrayed look in his eyes.

"You don't understand...I was naive, I thought I could change the world...I believed I could protect my comrades...look where it got me" said Naruto adamantly, and Rangiku started healing the wound on his back with her medical ninjutsu.

"This was not your fault...your squad gave their lives for you, remember that!" said Rangiku warmly and caressed his cheeks affectionately...and this time Naruto's eyes widened in shock as he remembered Hisana's last words.

"Don't give up"

Naruto realized what Rangiku was trying to say...and even Hisana wanted him to do the same thing, but then he remembered the moment when those bastards brutally murdered her.

"All that's left of my team is the hatred they gave me...the only thing I feel is hatred" said Naruto firmly, and Rangiku sighed tiredly.

"Is that so? What memories do you have of your squad?" asked Rangiku straightforwardly,

"Slow down Shithead...or you'll have an orgasm!"

"Welcome to the vanguard brother...let's fuck some Iwa bastards"

"We all are like family...we bicker, we have arguments but we always watch each other's backs. Don't worry you'll fit in just fine"

"Hm"

Those memories...what were they? His heart felt lot more lighter when he remembered those happy times...but he also couldn't forget the moment they died, it was playing that memory in his mind over and over again.