Chapter 17: Argus VS Gajeel

Start from the beginning

Gajeel spat on the ground and stood up. "Are you seriously thinking that just because steel is harder than iron, you have the advantage?" He rolled his left arm and clenched his fist tightly. "My fists may be made of iron, but my punches can break even the toughest of steel eventually!"

Argus cocked an eyebrow. "If that's so, then how come you haven't dented my armor yet?"

"Give it time, muscle head!" Gajeel took a deep breath and winded his body back. "Roar of the Iron Dragon!" He unleashed a whirlwind of iron directly at Argus.

"Body Enhancement: Full Body!" The muscular angel's body was quickly coated in the same steel armor, which covered his head as well as the iron roar attack directly struck it. Once the attack subsided, Argus gave a thumbs up. "It didn't even hurt!" He grinned, however some of his teeth fell off in the process.

"Uh, are you sure...?" Gajeel thought with an unimpressed look.

Argus spread his wings out and rocketed his body at Gajeel, still coated in steel. The dragon slayer covered his chest with both arms and coated them with iron as Argus crashed into him dead on. Gajeel managed to stay standing but was being pushed back by the angel. Not long until the two were taken to the main streets with more open space. Gajeel managed to grip both of Argus' arms and forcefully stop him from pushing any further.

At that moment, Argus realized where they ended up and widened his eyes. "W-wait! Hold on!" He panicked.

"Get...off already!" Gajeel shouted as he lifted the large angel and slammed him by the closest building in the area, which demolished the entrance. The Fairy Tail mage noticed that the building seemed familiar as his opponent emerged from the rubble, appearing angry for once.

"Why you, punk!" Argus shot. "How dare you destroy the best bar in town!" He clenched his fist and glared at Gajeel. It was the same bar that the two met at yesterday.

Gajeel wiped his mouth, not responding to the angel as he got on guard. Argus once again coated his fists into steel and stomped towards him. Gajeel prepared to strike back but widened his eyes as he noticed that spikes grew out of Argus' steel fists. The Tenhei member threw a punch and Gajeel barely dodged it by tilting his head. The angel tried striking the dragon slayer's gut next but missed as his opponent leaped back.

Argus shook his head, regaining his composure and diminishing his anger. "Heh, we know all about you humans y'know. Only a matter of time until you can't handle our atmosphere! HA HA HA!" He laughed triumphantly and pointed at the dragon slayer. "Even then! You wouldn't be able to make me lose my footing!"

Gajeel cracked a cocky smirk. "You wanna bet, big guy?" He challenged by stomping his right leg as it formed into an iron club with spikes poking out. "Iron Dragon's Spiked Club!" He leaped towards Argus and quickly swung his leg at Argus' side, however the large angel didn't flinch. Gajeel growled in annoyance before leaping off of Argus and threw both of his arms, which morphed into iron mallets, at his opponents shoulders. The Tenhei member slid back slightly, but was unaffected all the same. His arms morphed back to hands as he gripped the angel's shoulder tightly and flung towards him before headbutting his head as the iron dragon slayer coated his entire body in iron.

Argus winced slightly at the impact but still didn't budge. He smirked at Gajeel and quickly gripped his body and slammed the black haired wizard on the ground. The angel proceeds to raise his foot as spikes morph on the sole of the shoe and nearly stomps on his opponent. Gajeel manages to roll out of the way and lifts himself up. Argus turns his head at the dragon slayer and grins before the steel on his foot morphs away.

Gajeel pops his neck and grimaces back at his cheerful opponent. He clenches both fists as he begins to breathe heavily, in which Argus took quick notice. "Looks like you're already feeling the effects of our atmosphere, that was shorter than I thought!" The Tenhei member laughed.