Chapter 10: Realization

Start from the beginning

Torian proceeded to swipe his hand out of the bucket, splashing water everywhere. However to Wendy's surprise, Torian began to move the water with his fingers as it began sprinkling in the surrounding plants. He was controlling them like a puppet on a string.

"Yoo hoo!" Sync interrupted as Wendy snapped her head and saw Sync sitting right on top of the statue's head and waving at her. "You should come up here! The view is great!"

"Uh..." Wendy hesitated. "I don't think I can...I can't really fly..." She twiddled her thumbs.

Sync paused before laying on her stomach and resting her cheeks on her arms. "Oh ya! I forgot, you humans don't have wings." She playfully kicked her legs.

Wendy chuckled. "Y-yeah...I'll sit by the bottom of the fountain." She said before taking a seat on the fountain border. Despite the garden's peaceful and pretty atmosphere, the negative thoughts still wouldn't leave Wendy's head. There was still a lot on her mind.

The Sky Sorceress glanced up and saw Sync walking and balancing on the statue, continuing to be as cheerful as ever. "H-hey, Sync was it?" Wendy called out.

The pigtailed girl stopped what she was doing and looked down at Wendy. "Yup! What's up Wendy?"

"May I ask you...what do you think of this place? The kingdom and your ruler?" Wendy asked. She was curious about what the people here think of their home.

"I love it here!" Sync beamed, skipping off the statue's head as she front flipped. She stuck the landing and posed. She turned to Wendy and placed her arms behind her back. "Everything is so nice! There's no crime or bad guys!"

"Even though the laws here are strict?" Puzzled Wendy.

"Sure, god makes things a bit too strict here..." Sync began to pace back and forth. "But it's because of those laws that Exahelm is so beautiful!" She waved her arms around to show Wendy the beauty of the country she lives in.

"Do the people here love it here too?" Wendy continued to question.

"I guess, from what I hear." Sync tapped her chin. "Although I don't really talk to the civilians here much."

Wendy tilted her head. "Why not?"

Sync looked down and sighed. "Well, it's because I can't exactly leave the castle...for uh reasons. I don't really have any friends my age." The yellow haired girl looked back up at Wendy and smiled. "But that's okay! I still got big bro and the rest here!"

Wendy frowned and lowered her brow, feeling sorry for her. But at the same time she didn't understand why this girl wasn't allowed to leave the castle. To the sound of things, the others can so why not her? Was there something else with this girl or was the ruler here just cruel?

"Well, we get along do we?" Wendy claimed. "How about we be friends, Sync?"

Sync came to an abrupt stop to her pacing as she looked at Wendy with wide eyes. Shortly after those eyes began to sparkle as she ran up to the bluenette and grabbed her hands. "R-really?! You want to be my friend?!" She blurted in excitement.

"Y-yeah! Of course!" Wendy giggled, not expecting Sync's reaction.

Sync began to tear up slightly. "Wow! I'm so happy! That means I get to give you a nickname!" She bubbled.

Wendy couldn't help but smile at Sync's enthusiasm, in a way the two had something in common. Always wanting to make new friends. Although, Sync abruptly paused her excitement as she began to weirdly stare at Wendy's right arm. The sky dragon slayer looked at her arm and back at Sync as a question mark popped out of her head briefly.