Chapter 7: The Tenhei

Start from the beginning

Balrus stood silent for a moment as he raised one eyebrow. He noticed the slight bruising on the others which led him to believe the blue haired wizard. "I see, then this accident you all tragically went through...did it involve magic?"

Jellal rubbed the back of his head, recalling what he heard from Alivia earlier regarding magic laws here. "Y-yes...we weren't aware of the rules you had in this country you see..." he decided to tell the truth since he had a feeling the Exceed would rat them out if he lied.

"Does thou hath a permit?" Balrus blantenly asked.

"A permit?" Jellal raised an eyebrow. "Uh, no."

Once again, Balrus stood silent as he stared down at Jellal. It was just long enough to make Jellal a little uncomfortable. He then notice Balrus pull out a blue piece of paper from his pocket as he began to write on it.

During this, the white ball continued to not do anything as it stared at the group of wizards. It made a delayed buzz sound as it seemed to pay the most attention to Natsu and Gray. The two tilted their heads and wondered why it was staring at them.

Balrus finished writing the paper as he gave it to Jellal. "And what's this?" Jellal wondered as he began reading the paper.

"Accident and unaware, it shalt not matter. It is our duty to uphold our guidelines in order to keep our peace intact." The armored angel explained.

"What does it say, Jellal?" Erza asked.

"...It says I have to pay 500 Dalla." Jellal answered with a sweat droplet leaving his temple.

"Huh?!" Natsu was perplexed. "What even *is* that?! Why do we have to pay for some magic accident?!" He peaked over Jellal's shoulder and read the ticket with an annoyed expression.

Balrus raised one finger. "Tis like I said, it is only my duty. The peace here must remain intact for our lord."

Natsu shoved Jellal and began to approach the armored angel with his fists clenched. "Lord shmord! We already said we didn't mean it!" While Natsu approached, the white ball began to sweat bullets.

Alivia glared at Natsu. "You should watch your tongue! You'll just get in more trouble!"

Lucy immediately got a hold of Natsu and tried holding him back. "Natsu! Calm down! Let's not start any fighting!" Despite her pleading, Natsu continued to thrash about in Lucy's grip. Erza had to step in and give her usual threatening look to the fire dragon slayer to get him to back off.

Balrus however, has seen enough. "Your ticket fine has been increased to 700 Dalla."

Erza immediately turned towards the armored angel. "What?!"

The obese angel pointed down at the red haired woman. "You all better not continue to cause trouble, or the punishments will get more severe."

"Woah, he started talking normally..." Gray thought.

Erza decided to hold her tongue. Since they just arrived here and hardly got any information, she thought the best course of action is to not cause any more mishaps until they not only reconnected with the group, but fully grasp the situation.

"Now, if there aren't any more issues. We shalt be on our way then." Balrus bowed as he and the white ball prepared to take off in the air.

"H-hold on a quick moment Mr. Balrus!" Henry called out in which the armored angel looked over at the blonde farmer. Henry began rubbing his hands together and cracked a friendly but nervous smile. "I hate to bother you about this sir, but would you be so kind as to seal up that hole over there?" He pointed over towards the hole in the distance.