Prologue: The Light Dims

Author's Notes

A while back I wrote the story Sky Maiden Savior of Exahelm.

While the reception seemed to be positive, I was looking back and was feeling dissatisfied with most of the story. I mean I flat out got Wendy's title incorrect (Sky Maiden is Chelia's). I feel like certain characters weren't utilized well enough (or flat out out of character) and the main villain was pretty weak. There's several other factors but those were my main issues.

I decided to re-do the story, I don't usually write fanfics but I did enjoy most of my time writing the original story despite my issues with the overall narrative.

I hope you enjoy this remake!

Disclaimer but if it wasn't obvious enough I do not own Fairy Tail and all the rights belong to their original owners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*H-HACK COUGH*

Loud coughing echoed throughout a large white castle. The hacks and coughs belonged to an individual who appeared to look like a man with withered out skin and sunken eyes. His skin looked almost to the point of turning to dust while his head was nearly bald with only some strings of white hair. His body resembled a mummy but he was still clearly alive.

He was laying in a king sized bed in a large bedroom. There were two long windows in between on the bed with a long red carpet in front of the bed leading out of the room. The walls were white while flags hung all over the room which had a halo symbol with white wings on them. The man continued to let out loud coughs that made it seem like he was unable to breath.

"Master..." Another man who stood by the bed was looking down on his dying master. He was a tall man with long teal hair and sharp purple eyes. His left eye had a sun symbol over it with a necklace around his neck that had a star shaped crystal on the end. His attire was teal armor and steel blue boots. The most noticeable thing was his large white wings and halo above his head, resembling an angel.

He looked down at his so-called master while he held his own forehead. "I don't get it, how did I not see this...?"

"Close the windows Hahlos! It's too bright!" The old man ordered as the bright light shined through the entire room. Hahlos walked on over and slowly closed the curtains on each window. He peeped out the window for a moment seeing busy streets covered in cloudy like substance. Right before he shut the curtains, the angel spotted a small hole beginning to form on the cloudy surface.

"Master, please do not speak." Hahlos sighed as he slowly looked back at his decrepit master. He held his face and slowly slid it down. He went and took a seat on one of the chairs and folded his arms together. "It's been getting worse by the weeks...And those holes seem to be forming more frequently as of late."

"H-Hahlos...*COUGH* Y-you kn-ow I can't *HACK* go out like this..." The old man reminded, slowly turning his head towards him.

"I'm well aware master..." Hahlos sighed, he looked down on the floor before standing up. He placed one palm on his chest and stood tall. "Please, will you allow me to fulfill the idea I suggested weeks ago? I am aware of the risks but we are running out of options."

The old man stared at Hahlos for a moment before turning away from him before letting out a grunt, followed by a couple light coughs. "...Very w-well."

The tall angel smiled before bowing slightly. "Thank you my lord, I won't disappoint you." He began to walk towards the door before turning towards his master one last time. "I swear our light will not burn out, you *will* be revived." He declared before leaving the room and slowly closing the door to prevent creaking.