Chapter 43

General's pov
A couple of weeks later and less then a month has past, today it was a new shift and everyone was at the firehouse and ready for a new shift.
Brooke was in the common room and by the coffee machine and she had just poured some of the coffee in her cup, Casey walked in and he went to the coffee machine where Brooke was still standing by.

Casey was a little tired today because he missed his alarm and got woke up by Severide. Casey have started to date this girl Sydney who he meet during a call and he had her staying over for the night.

Casey - Morning.

Brooklyn - Hey. Uh, fair warning, someone slipped some sort of nut flavor in there.

Casey - It's worse than you think. Capp's been brewing up "Southern Pecan."

Brooklyn - Oh, God.

Casey - Yeah.

Brooklyn - Hey, um...I know I asked for space, and you've been really great about that, but it's been a while, and it's nice just to talk again, you know?

Casey  - Yeah, it is.

Brooke walked away from him and she walked out of the common room to look for Stella and Brett who wasn't in the common room.
Casey wasn't sure how he was feeling when Brooke wanted to go back to how it used go be between them, he was still interested in her even if he was seeing someone else.

Cruz and Herrmann was sitting at the bigger table in the common room. They where the only one sitting there and the rest was sitting around the other table because some of the guys wasn't in the common room.

Herrmann - Hey, so, uh, when are you gonna tell people about Chloe being.....

Cruz - Shh, shh. She doesn't want anybody to know for a couple weeks. The only ones that knows about it is you and Brooke.

Herrmann - Brooklyn?

Cruz - yeah, I told Chloe that I told you about it so she told Brooke. So you two.....

Herrmann - shh, shh.

Mouch walked in and he was walking towards where Herrmann and Cruz was sitting and they stopped talking when Mouch came towards them.

Herrmann - hey.

Mouch - Why'd you just stop talking like that?

Cruz - What? No, I didn't.

Mouch- Was it about me?

Cruz - Uh, no. No.

They got saved by the bell that went off.
Bell Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51, Ambulance 6

Brooklyn's pov
A couple of hours had already past of this new shift, Brett and I have been out on a couple of calls and we haven't been at the firehouse since this morning.
Brett and I have had one call that was weird, it was about a young woman and she had a seizure outside and her boyfriend was there when it happened and she seemed okay and she didn't want to come to the hospital to get checked out.

Brett and I just got back to the firehouse, I told Brett that I was gonna do a speed cleaning so she went inside since I didn't need her help with that.
The cleaning took around 5-10 minutes to do and I did clean every surfaces in the back of the ambo, I jumped out of the ambo and I heard that Casey and Severide was both out on the apparatus floor.

I heard how Severide and Casey was talking about Gallo, even if I haven't been so much at the firehouse today I had already heard that Casey did send Gallo home. It was actually Stella who texted me about it and about what exactly did happen between Casey and Gallo.