Chapter 23

Brett's pov
A few days have passed and today was a new shift, I arrived to the firehouse with Andy like I have been doing now for two month. After our engagement I moved in with him at his house, and I do really feel that was a good choice.
But I do feel bad that I moved out from the apartment that I was charging with Otis and Cruz, and specially after Otis died and I just left Cruz alone.

I was at the firehouse, me and Stella was in the locker room and standing by our lockers. I really missed to have another woman working with us, I really miss Brooke even if I just worked with her for a year. Brooke really ain't like other people that I have been working with, which I totally like.

Brett - how much shampoo can a woman have?

Stella - when Brooke empty her locker I took her toilet treats. I didn't want them to feel abandoned.

And then I saw my partner Chad walking in to the locker room with just a towel around his body.

Chad - good morning, lady's!

Stella - good morning.

I just looked at Chad when he walked away in the towel, I wasn't a big fan of the guy. And this would be my third shift with him, he was just a really annoying partner and I knew that Stella had noticed how I felt about the guy.

Brett - who walks around in the firehouse with just a towel when shift has started?

Stella - his not that bad. And you got to admit it is a nice view.

Brett - I'm not gonna say a word about that.

Stella - okay, Brett. Collins is your partner. Or at least for now, and as much as it sucks Brooke isn't coming back. So you need to get this to work.

I know what Stella is telling me is the truth but I really don't want to believe that Brooke isn't coming back to work here. Even if I don't like that I have to work with someone else, i really care if Brooke is happy.
Bell truck 81, squad 3 and ambo 61

General's pov
Truck 81, squad 3 and ambo 61 arrived to the scene where they got called at, chief came also to the scene even if he didn't get called at the scene.
There where standing outside of a apartment building, and a guy was hanging and holding a rope. They all could clearly see that they needed to save this guy now and get in action.

There was a engine from another firehouse, but they needed more help with this.
Chief started to talk with the other lieutenant from the other firehouse, chief knew that they needed to get in action right now so he started to give Casey orders.

Boden - Casey, we need the ladder.

Casey - Kidd, move the truck so close you can to position the ladder.

Stella did like her captain told her to do.

Mouch - Arnold, back 90!

Severide and chief talked to the guys from the other firehouse to find a solution so that they could get the man down alive. Severide and his team started to get in action and in the meantime Stella was moving truck.
Casey and Severide was worked up to do what chief had told them to do, so they didn't notice at first what was going on.

And that's when they saw one of the firefighter from the other firehouse was climbing up to the balcony and jumping over to another balcony.

Boden - what the hell is you candidate doing?

Loomis - Gallo, what the hell?

It seemed like the candidate Gallo didn't listen to his boss, he just did what he thought was right. Casey was looking at this guy climbing and jumping over at balcony's.
Around two minutes later truck 81 had fixed with the ladder, Gallo had one balcony away from the victim. When Casey started to walk up the ladder, Gallo was already at the right balcony where the victim was holding on to a rope against the apartment building wall.