Chapter 41

General's pov
It was two days later and today it was back to the firehouse for a new shift. Brooklyn and Casey haven't talked since what happened at her place and she has been hiding in her place and not been working at Molly's when she has been off shift.

Severide and Stella was walking outside of the firehouse, they had just been by his car and they where walking up to the firehouse.

Stella - The meeting is today for lieutenant candidates. And, to be honest, I'm a little nervous. There is something about reality hitting, like... "Damn, in a few months, I'm taking the lieutenants' test."

Severide - Yeah, you are.

Stella - Yeah. You're gonna help me study, right Like the squad truck ins and outs? 'Cause I gotta learn that from the master.

Severide - I'm here. Anything you need.

Stella - Okay.

She was glad to have Severide by her side and for him to help her with everything that she would need.

Stella - So maybe after shift, we go through it?

Severide - Sure, sounds good.

Stella - Okay.

They walked in to the firehouse and they where meeting cheif and the new girl that was gonna work as Boden's assistant now.
This girl had Stella, Brett and Brooke meet before because of "Girls on fire" they all liked her and Stella knew that it would be good for her and for Boden to have her working here.

Boden - So this is what I drive...

Chief was showing the new girl around and he was showing her his work car that he drives out on calls.

Stella - Well, good morning.

Kylie - Hey, squad.

Severide - Morning.

Stella - Just so you know, Kylie says "squad" when she's referring to her pals, her family, or pretty much anyone. How's her first day going?

Boden - So far, so good.

Kylie - Chief Boden's been awesome. He introduced me to everybody, showed me the rigs.

Stella - You mind if I give her my personal tour, which might include a hidden stash of Nitro Takis?

Boden - Go right ahead.

Stella and Kylie was on there way inside of the firehouse s that she could show the hidden stash.

Kyle - I love Nitro Takis.

Stella - Oh, right? It's the perfect breakfast. Right, right this way.

Kylie - Yes, yes!

Boden and Severide watched as Stella and Kylie walked inside.

Severide - You happen to notice...

Boden - The similarities? Yes, I did.

Cheif seemed to like Kylie and it would be good for the firehouse to have someone younger working at the firehouse. Chief trusted his two paramedics and Stella with there judgment about Kylie.

Brooke was in the locker room and standing by her locker when Casey walked inside. He had been looking for her and she have been trying to hide in the locker room but she knew that she would eventually need to talk to him about what happened.

Casey - Hey. Can we, uh...can we talk?

Brooklyn - Yeah, of course.

She followed Casey out of the locker room and towards his quarters. Casey let her inside of his quarters and she walked inside and he closed the door behind him since he let her walk inside first.