Chapter 44

General's pov
It was a couple of weeks later and everyone was at the firehouse because of a new shift that had started, almost everyone was in the common room except for Herrmann, Brooke and Stella.
Cruz was giving everyone in the common room cigars, he was throwing each one to Casey, Andy and Severide who was sitting at the bigger table.

Cruz - Gentlemen.

He had almost given everyone each, he threw one to rioter who was sitting by the other table.

Cruz - Ritter.

Stella walked in to the common room and Cruz saw her walking inside.

Cruz - Hey. Incoming.

Stella - What is the occasion? Wait, is this....

Cruz - Chloe's pregnant

Everyone was cheering.

Severide - Congrats, Joe.

Cruz - Thank you, Lieutenant.

Brooke and Herrmann walked in to the common room and gallo saw them both walked in so he walked over to them both.

Gallo - Herrmann, Brooke! Cruz is having a baby.

Herrmann - Aw, is that so?

Cruz saw both Herrmann and Brooke, so he walked over to them and Brooke had a smile on her face like both Herrmann and Cruz had.

Brooklyn - Well, do we get a cigar, or what?

Cruz - Oh, you two, my friends.

Herrmann - Mm-hmm.

Cruz - You get two.

He handed them two each cigars, but Brooke knew that she wouldn't smoke it so she would give it away to either Andy, Casey or Severide.

Cruz - Hey. Thank you both for keeping this secret.

Herrmann - It wasn't easy. You know how much I like to run my mouth.

Brett heard what Cruz, Herrmann and Brooke was talking about since she was standing close to them in the common room.

Brett - wait, you two knew about it?

Brooklyn - yes!

And now everyone was listening as well since Brett didn't talk quietly.

Stella - how long have you two known about this?

Herrmann - for a couple of weeks.

Everyone was really happy for Cruz but also for Chloe, it was really great news and it has been the best news in a few month now that the guys have heard.
Brooke was gonna take a cup of coffee when the bell went off and she wasn't happy about that, but at least she got a cup of coffee at her place.
Bell Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51 and Ambo 61

Brooklyn's pov
Brett and I was out on the driveway to the firehouse after we have been away out on a call, we had been at Chicago med to drop of a victim.
Brett was driving the ambo like she usually do, she parked the ambo out on the apparatus floor and we both jumped out of the rig when she had parked.

I saw that Casey, Severide and my brother was out on the apparatus floor by truck 81, I heard Stella's voice and she was calling after me.

Stella - Hey, Brooke. Someone here to see you.

First I didn't see who it was that Stella was mentioning, but then from the corner I saw Grainger there who works on engine 40.
Stella took a seat by the squad table and I knew that she was still out here only to hear out conversation, Brett was out on the apparatus as well.