Chapter 25

General's pov
8 weeks have passed, almost everyone from second shift was at the firehouse for a new shift. The only one who wasn't was Stella, and that was all because Chief had wrote her up for some leadership thing. So Stella would be away for two shifts.

A few weeks ago something sad happened, Chloe broke up with Cruz, no one knew about it. Not even Brooke knew about it, but the thing is, Cruz had told Brooke, Brett and Mouch that he would propose to Chloe but he didn't get a chance because she broke up with him.

Shift would start soon, everyone had been told that they would be in the briefing room when shift started because chief wanted to have a meeting like he has sometimes when the shift had getting started.
Mouch, Brett and Brooke was walking around in the firehouse and towards the briefing room and talking about Cruz and Chloe, and the good thing is that Cruz wasn't near when they where talking about him.

Mouch - so has Cruz popped the question yet?

Brett - he haven't told me anything.

Brooklyn - not me either. But I'm not gonna ask him, it is his thing to tell us about it.

The three of them wasn't far away from the briefing room and Mouch saw Cruz, and he was also walking towards the briefing room.

Mouch - Cruz! Have you proposed to Chloe?

Cruz - eh....no, I haven't gotten the chance.

Brooke and Cruz walked in to the briefing room, Brett and Mouch stayed outside of the room.

Brett - Mouch. Engagements and proposals are complicated and personal.

Mouch - not this one, Chloe is so in love with him. Have you seen the way how she looks at him?

Brett walked in to the briefing room and went to take a seat at the one of the tables in there, Mouch was just gonna step in there when he heard Casey's voice from another direction that he came from.

Casey - Mouch, when Kidd's out I want you to drive the truck.

Mouch - you got it Captain.

Gallo - that's awesome. Congrats.

Both Gallo and Mouch walked in to the briefing room and. Addy was already in there and had taken a seat on the couch that is in the corner with Darden and Severide.

Mouch - I have done it one or twice before.

Gallo took a seat next to Brett who was sitting at the one of the tables, Brooke was sitting next to Herrmann at one of the tables.

Herrmann - yeah. The roads have changed since the horses and carriages.

Mouch - says the guy that used to be called "Curby" for taking to shorter's too tight around the corner.

Everyone started to laugh at Herrmann, mouth was standing in front of everyone.

Herrmann - it was not a honored nickname.

Brooklyn - we believe you , Curby.

Herrmann looked at Brooke who was sitting next to him, and she didn't get a damn about what she said since it was a little fun. Or at least it was something the rest of the guys thought.

Mouch - okay, before we start I think that we all here at 51 could stand better informed about things happening here be around the firehouse. And that's why I created a news letter, to keep everyone in the know.

Mouch started to hand the papers to the guys that was sitting in the front which was Brooke, Herrmann, Gallo and Brett.
They started to look at it and even started to read just a little.