Chapter 39

General's pov
Four month have past since last time, things have changed through this four month like a pandemic has started and there is a virus that is spreading through the whole world and it calls Corona.
All firefighters and paramedics are at work and working like they always do but they use protection when they are out on calls, doctors at hospitals are using more protections now days then they used to do.

Everyone was at the firehouse and a new shift had started, some of the firefighters was in the common room with Brett and Brooke who was there as well.
They all was talking to each other, Brooke was sitting and chatting around with Gallo, Ritter and Herrmann, and in the meantime Casey was in chiefs office with Severide and the three of them was having a talk.

As everyone was talking or eating the bell went off and everyone stoped with what they were doing and stated quite to hear which units it was for.
Bell Ambo 61, Man down from unknown causes

Brett and Brooke got up from whet the two paramedics was sitting and they both run out of the common room and out on the apparatus floor, they got ready and Brett drove out of the firehouse and they where on there way to the scene.

After almost 10 minutes of driving the two paramedics was outside of the building that they was called at, Brett and Brooke jumped out of there rig and they both went to the back of the ambo. They both took there two medical bags and they walked up to the front door of the house building, they noticed that the door was slightly opened.
Brooke looked at Brett and then she knocked at the front door, Brooke had some weird feelings already about this call.

Brooklyn - CFD paramedics!

They didn't hear anything which they both thought was weird but they walked inside and looked around immediately as they walked inside.
As they walked further and they stepped inside to what looked like the living room, Brooke saw first a man laying on the couch with his eyes clothes and they both saw some surf of drugs laying on the coffee table.

Brooklyn - Looks like an OD. Get the Narcan ready.

Brett - Okay.

They both got ready to get in to action, Brooke walked over  to the man laying on the couch as Brett did what Brooke told her to do.

Brooklyn - Sir, can you hear me? He's unresponsive. Pupils are constricted, pulse is faint.

Brett was now sitting on the floor next to Brooke by the patient, they where both really focused.

Brooklyn - Okay, we gotta...

They haven't heard anything or anyone until Brooke felt something against the back of hear head and a sound, which sounded like someone press down the safety on a gun.
Brooke was sitting still and Brett turned her head around when she also hear the sound, the different between Brooke and Brett is that Brooke was trying to be calm as possible like she didn't even care but Brett got a little scared which Brooke noticed.

Man - If he dies, you die.

Brooklyn - Put the gun down.

Man - Fix him!

This guy wasn't trying to sound nice or anything, he was yelling but not so much that people outside would hear.
Brooke slightly got up from the floor slowly and she turned around to face the man with the gun, as she was doing this she was calm and no emotions was there.

Brooklyn - We can't do anything until you put the gun down.

He was now pointing the gun at Brett's head, she was scared and so was Brooke but she was t showing it.

Man - I'll shoot her. You think I give a damn? That's my brother, he... He doesn't deserve this!

Brooklyn - Okay, just calm down.