Chapter 7

General's pov
Two days later and it was a new shift today for the guys on second shift, it had already past a few hours of the new shift today.
Truck, squad or engine haven't been out on any calls since there shift had started, but ambo had been out on four calls for the past three hours.

Last shift Cruz was trying to teach the guys some Spanish after the call they had last shift, and after Cruz and talked to Stella last shift about how he woeful teach the guys with something they would be interesting.
But last shift Cruz got an idea about how to help the guys to learn some Spanish and that was through tv, the guys usually sit in the common room to watch tv so Cruz put on a soap opera in Spanish that got something that the guys had some interest in.

Severide was sitting in his quarters when Stella walked in there, she took a seat on his bed and he was sitting by his desk.
After the last shift, Severide was ver to speak with his dad Benny, about Gorsch and commissioner Grissom.
Since Benny is a former firefighter and a chief in the CFD and then he is a good friend with Grissom.

Stella - heard anything from Benny?

He didn't really answer, he just shocked his head.

Stella - I'm sorry.

Severide - it's typical.

Stella - but don't beat yourself up. You were just trying to help the firehouse, you did the right thing.

Severide - did I?

They both just sat there in silence.

Stella - okay...

She got up from where she was sitting on Severide's bed and was thinking about leaving Severide just alone for just a little.

Stella - you know what? I'm just gonna leave you alone for now.

She walked out off Severide's quarters, and when she did. Severide turned his head to the door when she left.

Severide - Stella.

He said but she was already gone, and he knew that he kind of messed it up with Stella about not really talking to her.

Around an hour later, Casey was sitting in his quarters when he heard a phone ring but he also heard that it came from severide's quarters.
Casey then heard Severide's voice and he walking out of the quarters and almost walking past Casey's quarters.

Severide - I will be right there.

Casey walked out of his quarters to stop Severide, and of course to ask him what was going on.

Casey - what's up?

Severide - tell Boden, that I need to go to Med. Benny had a stroke.

Casey was surprised when he heard that Benny and a stroke since he always have seemed healthy and that there haven't been problems with him.
Severide left the firehouse and drove really fast to Chicago med to see Benny, and in the meantime Casey went to tell chief what was going on.

Brooklyn's pov
Me and Brett had just gotten back from our call that we had have, Brett was backing up on the apparatus floor. We both got out from the ambo and we saw all the guys where out on the apparatus floor by the squad table.

Brooklyn - what's going on?

I just looked at there all faces and I saw that something was up with them all, and I noticed that Severide wasn't out on the apparatus floor but everyone else was.

Casey - Benny is dead.

Brett - what?

Andy - yeah.

Brooklyn - where is Kelly?

Casey - he is at Chicago Med

We where standing out on the apparatus floor when Stella came out there, and of course she already knows about Benny since she is together with Severide.

Stella - Casey. Could....

Casey - yes, I'm covering for you.

Stella - thank you.

After Stella had left chief came out on the apparatus floor and telling us all that we should be at Med, and chief had called in the guys from the another shift that would take over for us so we could all be there for Kelly.
And it seemed like that, before me and back to the firehouse they had just gotten the news about Benny and that Stella was talking to chief when we came back.

We all had arrived to Chicago med to just be there for Kelly, and I knew that he would need us all since I have had him in my life since I was born.
And I do know when it comes to Kelly Severide, that he don't like to talk about his feelings.

**

General's pov
A week had passed everything that had happened and specially after Benny Severide's death, but now it was just couple of days until Benny's funeral.
Kelly's mom was now in town because of the funeral, and even if it was her e husband she really wanted to be there for her son since this was hard for him.

In the meantime before shift would start, Severide, Stella and Jennifer was over at Benny's house and looking through some of Benny's belongings and packing up everything there.
Severide wasn't going to be on the new shift today, he would be with his mother to fix everything with Benny's funeral. And Kelly Severide really wants his fathers funeral to be perfect and exactly how he wanted it.

Shift had started, Casey, Stella and some of the guys were in the common room and talking and drinking coffee, Casey and Stella was standing by the coffee maker and taking each a cup of coffee.

Casey - how is Severide holding up?

Stella - worse then he will admit. he directs the whole funeral and no one is allowed to help. The funeral is this Saturday by the way.

Casey - I'm making an announcement. Is there anything we can do to help?

Stella - maybe...

She turned around to where the guys was sitting in the common room.

Stella - do you know any of Benny's old ex's?

Mouch - more then two, sort of.

Stella - okay, I need to find Benny's old medal, so I need to make a house call.

Herrmann - whatever you need, we are here.

Stella and the guys decided to pay Benny's ex's a visit and to see if any of them could have his old meals that they needed for the funeral.
All Stella wanted was to Kelly to be happy, and she knew that he would if they could find the medal.

Brooke and Brett walked in together to the common room after they had checked the ambo so they didn't miss anything that they would need right in the moment.
They both really just wanted a cup of coffee before they would get a call, but there wasn't time for that be use of the bell.
Bell squad 3 and ambo 61