Chapter 51

General's pov
A little over a month has passed and today Stella had her lieutenant exam and it was a new shift at the firehouse but she wouldn't be there when the shift started but she would be there in a couple of hours or even more.
Casey and Severide was walking up to the firehouse after they had parked the car in the parking spaces outside of the firehouse.

Casey - Everything good? You barely said a word on the ride over.

Severide - I'm just thinking. Kidd's probably on the written portion by now.

Casey - She's gonna knock it out of the park.

Severide - Yeah. No doubt.

Casey could sense that Severide was nervous because of Stella and for her sake, but Casey was also nervous since it is someone that he has on the rig.

The shift had started and almost everyone was in the briefing room and waiting on chief because of the morning meeting.
Brooke and Brett walked in together and they saw Gallo and Ritter and the whee things that they where gonna do this and next shift.

Brett - You get to be the czars at the garage sale this year.

Ritter - Yep.

Gallo - Boden put us in charge.

The two paramedics had each one box that was gonna go for the garage sale that either one of them needed.

Brett- Mm-hmm.

Brooklyn - Huh.

Brett - Hopefully it works out better than 2017.

The two girls walked away from Gallo and Ritter and they walked over to where Andy was standing with Casey and Severide.

Ritter - What happened in 2017?

Chief walked in to the briefing room and saw that everything had started with the Garage sale or at least about what Ritter and Gallo was gonna do.

Boden - Ah. As everyone can see, the garage sale is next shift to benefit the Firefighters Auxiliary Fund. There will be sign-up sheets in the common room for one hour shifts of manning the tables. I expect everyone to participate.

Everyone - Yep.

Herrmann - You got it.

Brett - Absolutely.

Capp - Yep, Chief.

Boden - I do not want a repeat of 2017.

Chief was standing right in front of where Mouch was sitting, and Mouch looked up at chief when he was looking down at him.

Mouch - It is not my fault that I got to the Whirly-Pop Popcorn Maker...

Boden - And snatched it out of an old woman's hand.

Mouch - As I said in and later in Small Claims court, nobody...

They got interrupted and Mouch got saved by the bell.
Bell Truck 81, Engine 51, Squad 3 and ambo 61

Andy's pov
It's have been a couple of hours since the shift started and I was currently sitting outside of the firehouse with Casey and Severide. Me and the guys where having our cigar chats, both me and Casey noticed that Severide was nervous since Stella wasn't here because of the lieutenant test and we didn't know when she was getting back from it.

Severide - Stella should be done by now. I wonder why she's not back.

Andy - I think you're more nervous about all this than she is.

Severide - Ah. To be honest, it's not the test that's on my mind.

I didn't really get what he meant about, "it's not the test", I'm wondering what he does mean by that.