Chapter 33 (You're Perfect To Me)

Prom night has finally arrived. It was the last time that the senior students would have to go through that agony. It was so important to everybody, all except Anastasia; she could care less about traditions of a shallow substance.

Nevertheless she was still forced to wear a red gown that was a tube in the upper part and then it puffs out dramatically, wearing a simple diamond necklace for accessory. She looked so beautiful, especially with her red flaming hair down. And since James and Chad was still mad with her, it was her step-mom who dropped her off at the Marriott hotel; where her school usually holds their proms for how many generations. It still pissed her off that even her car was confiscated by her father. "Have fun baby girl!" her mom kissed her on the forehead.

Anastasia offered a weak smile, she probably would not but she would try not to blow her brains out from boredom at least. "Thanks ma!"

"And you still look beautiful even without a partner." She tried to encourage her daughter. Anne smiled, touched at those simple words. "I don't need a partner mama. I'm okay." she kissed her mother on the cheeks, then stepped out of the car, she heaved a sigh and hoped against hope that the people would not eat her alive just because she went alone to prom.

She scanned the ballroom for Serra. Her best friend was as usual the life of the party. Serra wore a hot pink mini dress, tied her silky black hair in an elegant knot and then wore a killer 6 inches of high heels. Her partner as it turned out was the soccer captain. Nice choice Serra. Anne thought.

For awhile she stood there awkwardly. People greeted her once in awhile, but all she really wanted to do was go home. She did not belong here and neither did she care.

In the middle of the dance floor, Alexander was dancing a slow dance with Bea. They had brief eye-contact, he offered a smile, she glanced away. She was not really in the mood to be civil with him ever since that night in her room, which was a week and half days ago to be exact. She knew Alexander was right and sometimes the truth was harder to swallow than a lie. She had to deal with herself now and stop resenting him; at least he had been honest with her. She was the only one who just refused to accept it because it hurt.

"Hi besh! You look awesome!" Serra said a bit breathlessly from all her dancing. Anne grinned, "Thank you! And so do you!" and then she remembered Serra's parent's. "Girl, it's a miracle Uncle Kevin let you out of the house in that outfit."

Serra laughed, "Oh he doesn't have a choice! I'm his princess." True. Since Serra was the only child, she could do anything she wanted. Her parents spoiled her rotten to appease their guilt for being away all the time.

Candy Morris Dale on the other hand wanted to come to the prom too but she failed to get a senior or a junior partner, so she had no choice but to stay at home and baby sit her baby brother instead.

"Ugh! I can't digest looking at those two anymore!" Serra pointed at Alexander and Bea and despite their prejudice, they did look good together; with Bea wearing a white floral dress and Alexander on the other hand, handsome as ever with his tuxedo on. "I can't believe they lasted for more than a year now." Serra said with disgust.

"Besh, you're so bias!"

"And you're such a plastic! When we both know that you hate her guts as much as I do." Serra rolled her eyes, and then giggled. "And well yeah... I'm bias. You're prettier, sexier, and smarter than her! So cheer up!" she put her arms around her buddy, pulling her into the party.

Anne sighed, "Look they're happy, which is great. Let's just leave it to that." Serra raised her eyebrows but chose to remain silent anyway.