Chapter 28 (Amazing Race)

AN: That's an example of the pepero game :D

***

As Alexander was going up to his room, when he passed by his parent's room; he did not mean it to eavesdrop on his parent's conversation but he heard them anyway as he leaned on the wall beside his parent's ajar door.

"Oh Chuckie... what are we suppose to do with our son?" Cassy hid her face at the pal of her hands as she cried softly. Chuck sat on the bed with her as he hugged his wife. "Hush now Cassy baby, too much stress isn't good for you." He cooed gently.

Cassy wiped her tears away and sighed, "I guess it's our fault for always traveling a lot. We were so busy that we could don't even what's happening to our son anymore." Her beautiful face turned puffy red with the marked of crying.

Chuck nodded gravely in agreement, he sat with his wife on the bed, held her hands. "I guess it would be a good thing then that you will be taking a break from work--"

"What--"

His face turned very serious. "You're staying at home Cassy baby, you need bed rest as what the doctors has ordered. You're already 46 years old, that baby of ours is a miracle. We need to be extra careful. I don't want anything to happen to the both of you."

She sighed, looked down on her hands. "I suppose you're right; that way I could keep an on our boy."

Chuck's hand went through his messy dyed blond hair. "I mean, it's not that I'm crucifying him for sleeping with a girl. I guess that's bound to happen at his age, since he's already 19." He sighed. "I just wish it wasn't Anastasia--James' only daughter! Of all people! In spite of everything, James had been good to us and he's still my best friend!" he was disappointed with his son although at the same time they knew it was not Alexander's entire fault; they should have been there for him. Cassy wrapped her arms around her husband's neck, embracing him close to her, inhaling his sweet fragrant.

"I love you Cassy baby." Chuck looked at her with full love on his gray eyes. Cassy smiled, "I love you too Chuckie doll!" she kissed him full on the lips. And with that, full of guilt and anger for himself he went back to his room.

***

Hate; Anne believed was just like everybody else until it smiles. She hated Alexander then for hurting her and now she hated him even more for making a rift in their family.

At home, her father and brother was so disappointed with her that they acted like she did not even existed anymore. The only good person who still tolerated her presence in their family was three people; her eldest brother-Charlie, but he already has his own family so that does not count. Her younger brother; Baby Cody who did not have any choice to be with her since she was the one changing his diapers and then her step-mother; who truly pitied her and loved her unconditionally.

She had hoped that Alexander was lying but that just was not the case. The truth was a bitch to be reckoned with and so was hope; for it can make you do terrible terrible things once you are a captive.

***

The seniors were all in the school field. The sophomores were tasked by the teachers to prepare an amazing race themed activity for the seniors "Team House-building" for them to get even more acquainted with each other; as if they needed that, when they have known each other their entire life. And also, in a way it was like their last bonding before they graduate.

There were four teams in each house. The blue team leader was Jeh. The Pink; Bea's, the black; Alexander's which were Anastasia was assigned to and the red was led by Davidson. And since the sophomores were the one who prepared it, naturally Serra and Marco were there too as well.