Chapter 31 (Letting Go)

AN: Preview of what Alexander is going to wear on their Senior Prom. #PromCountdown

***

"So the whole school is excited for the prom in two weeks. Who are you going with?" Serra asked her best friend, sipping a mocha latte at starbucks.

Anastasia took a bite on her favorite pie. It felt so good! It literally melts in your mouth. "Hmm... no one in particular." She chewed her food slowly.

Serra frowned, "What? I'm not a senior but a senior has already asked me out to the prom, tapos ikaw wala ka pang kasama?" (And you still don't have a partner to go with?) That was unbelievable!

"Yep!"

"How about Seo?"

"Hindi parin kami okay, remember?" (We're still not okay)

"Well Davidson?"

"May date na." (He already has a date)

"Jeh?"

"With Ally..."

"Robert?"

Her face became sour. "Ew no way! By the end of the date he would probably ask to have sex with me. Eww no! That guy is just unbelievable."

"Then how about Alexandeer?"

Anne frowned. "You do know that's a stupid question, may girlfriend na yung tao." (He already has a girlfriend) she rolled her eyes.

Serra gave up. "As much as I would love to ask Seo out myself, I'm not allowed to since he's also still a sophomore, like me. I need a guy from the senior to be my ticket in."

"And you already found one." Anne pointed out. "Exactly!" Serra grinned, "So you should go to look for one too soon."

To be honest, Anne had always hated parties. It was a drag and shallow. If not attending was only an option, she would take the alternative but unfortunately it was compulsory fro all the senior students. And besides, Serra would skin her alive if she did not go.

Serra's face suddenly lit when she remembered something. "By the way, do you know that Seo joined a band called "The Morons"?"

Anne shook her head, she was impressed. "Wow really? That's good for him." Serra frowned a bit though, "My darling Seo is going through a teenage phase. Gosh that boy should stop being so cool! My opponents for him are increasing."

Anne gulped guiltily; she looked away so her best friend would not see her expression. She tried to shrug Serra's comment in a nervous chuckle to hide her true feelings. She badly needed an escape. "Oh well, look at the time! I need to go home; I still got loads of assignments to contend with. Call you later besh!"

Serra did not mind, she still needed to get back to school for a cheer leading practice since she was the official cheer caption now. "Okay, take care of yourself besh!" they peck each other's cheeks goodbye.

Annoying as it might be, Serra was right. She needed to look for a proper prom dress if she did not want all the good dresses sold out. As she was scanning the shops, her eyes caught an image she did not relish to see.

She saw Bea and Alexander sitting cozily in the chocolate shop. Alexander's hands were nestled by her waist as he interlocked her arms around his. They looked so in-love that Anastasia felt like there were tiny needles pricking her heart again. It was one of those rare moments that they thought no one was looking at them, wherein they can show their feelings so publicly without holding back, without worrying that they would hurt someone's feelings. That was when she knew she can no longer convince herself with a lie that Alexander did not love Bea, because he obviously did.

Bea then laughed at a joke Alexander said and then he softly turned her chin towards his face and kissed her.

Anastasia tried to tear her eyes away from them. She was still on the moving process; she knew gaping at them was not exactly helpful. She started to walk away, her feet carried her to everywhere but nowhere, she tried to blink back the tears. Stop being such a massive fool Annie. He's in-love and I should just let him be. She reprimanded herself. Her heart felt like it was going to explode.