Chapter 25 (Rumor Has It)

AN: Dedicating this to one of the girls who has been with me since part 1 of Childhood Crush. @mehreenhoran

***

         Her eyes felt so sore from crying the whole night. She could not believe he did all that just for her. A seemingly innocent charade of a love affair turned so sour she felt like her whole system was going to be sick.

How could he betray her?

Why me?

What have I ever done to him?

WHY?

        She kept telling herself she needed to stop stalking his profile, it only hurt her more. The most insulting was that in just one day, he has managed to change his profile picture of himself into a display picture of Alexander and her; was he that happy that his plan of making Bea jealous to return to him really worth it? she guessed yes since he seemed like it.

Even saying their names took an effort.

Even thinking of them hurts.

          She felt so angry and betrayed and worst... she hated herself so much for falling into his pretense. She felt like a dirty tramp, which she probably was in the eys of the whole school yesterday. Why was she such a fool to be lulled into a fake security cocoon.

           For the rest of her life all she wanted to do was hide in her room so she would not have to face the painful truth, that he only used her to get Bea back. Her friends were right, the greater you love, the greater the tragedy when it was over.

           Serra tried convincing her parents to let her sleep over at Anne's place for the night but since Helen and Kevin rarely gets to see their only child due to the demand of their job which is being a famous engineers, they wanted to spend their time with her.

           Anastasia face looked so puffy, even her body was angry with her for abusing it the whole night. She did not even managed to catch a wink but a pathetic one hour of sleep only. She was too stressed out. Her heart was totally destroyed while her mind refused to abate its guilt on the thought of Marco.

           There was a knock on her door. She was too lazy to open it. Serra burst into Anne's room, full of energy. "So you loser, what are you going to do?" Anne groaned, "Serra... I just don't feel like talking."

             Serra jumped into bed with her, "That's just it! It's so pathetic seeing you this way! You're Anastasia Kedreo Greene! You're the ice princess for God's sake pull yourself together!" she shook her best friend from frustration.

             Anne did not stir. She felt like a zombie, and probably looked like one. She sighed. Serra sighed, "I have a confession to make." Anastasia did not look at her, waiting. But then Serra's phone rang. It was Marco, Anastasia ears perked up a bit surprised they were now calling buddies. Serra put it on loudspeaker while she fixed herself in-front of the mirror.

"Hey what's up Rastah man?"

            "I'm seeing a lot of weeds here, want some?" Marco sounded depressed but in spite of him, he tried to put on a cheery voice on.

             Anastasia was shocked at hearing this; Serra signaled to her that she will explain later. "Yeah sure! Leave some ayt?" he said in a weird voice. It was their private joke, although they never even tried one.