Chapter 08 (Will you even notice?)

AN: So "Chinito" comes from Spanish, and it means "little Chinese man/boy". The "-ito" ending is a diminutive in Spanish. Though Alexander is a mix Filipino, he got his chinito eyes from his father's side (grandfather) who has a blood of Chinese. That's why he had blond hair (from his grandmother side who was half American).

_________________________________________________________________

"Mapapansin mo ba, kaya ang tulad ko, kahit nasa sulok lang ng iyong mga mata" (Will you even notice a person like me even if it's just in the corner of your eyes?) Anastasia was in ther garden, tending to the flowers as her daily chores, while singing "Chinito" by Yeng Constantino.

"Mahuli mo kaya ang pagsulyap sa'yo, kahit hindi naman ako ang iyong kaharap. Oh chinito" (Will you catch me staring at you even if I'm not in-front of you? Oh Chinito) she was waving her hand in the air, feeling the breezy atmosphere of the fresh summer air and grooving to the rhythm of the music.

"Balang araw ay, malalaman mo rin" (Someday you will also find out) she was thinking of Alexander as she closed her eyes.

"At kung ikaw ay nakatawa, ako pa ba ay nakikita, nalilimutan ko ang itsura ko kapag kausap na ikaw" (And if you are laughing, can you still see me? Because I tend to forget what I look like when I'm talking to you) she started to dance.

"Sana naman ako'y pakinggan at nang ikaw ay malinawagan, dahil nabihag mo ang aking paningin at damdamin. Oh! Chinito... Chinito..." (I hope you will notice me someday and so that you will know, because you have captured my eyes and my heart, Oh chinito) she thought of Alexander and how his eyes that is so chinito becomes even smaller and how it twinkles when his delighted. She acted like it was her own concert; she grabbed the rake, acting as if it was her own microphone.

"Kung hindi inaantok, kung hindi nasisilaw. Pwede bang malaman ko may pag-asa pa kayang matatanaw. Bakit ba ang kulay ng bintana ng iyong mundo" (If you're not sleepy, if you're not dazzled, may I know if I have a chance to the person that I'm looking at. Why is window pane of your world is so colorful?) she twirled around. (Someday you will also know) the sprinkler started to sprout water, soaking her. She giggled playfully, twirling and twirling like a fairy dancing gracefully on a water.

"At kung ikaw ay nakatawa, ako pa ba ay nakikita. Nalilimutan ko ang itsura ko kapag kausap na ikaw. Sana naman ako'y pakinggan at nang ikaw ay malinawagan. Dahil nabihag mo ang aking paningin at damdamin." (And if I ever see you, can you see me too? I tend to forget the way I look whenever I talk to you, I hope you will listen to me, so that things would be clear to you, because you have captured my eyes and my feelings.) she kept swaying to the music, not a care in the world. (...Oh Chinito) she actually had a beautiful voice, which she got from her mother. Anne was just to shy to show it to other people, afraid of being ridiculed.

She bowed to the flowers, "Thank you! Thank you very much!" Anne giggled. A sound of clapping surprised her ears, which made her turn around quickly. In her horror and embarrassment, Alexander was leaning casually by their fence with that sensual smile playing upon his luscious lips.

He had that amused look in his handsome face that can make any girl melt. "Marco was right, you do have a hidden talent. Why don't you show it to other people?" his chinito gray eyes sparkled with a hint of teasing.

She blushed fervently, instinctively covering herself because she was all wet. He might see her body through the transparency of her clothes due to the fact of getting wet earlier. "What do you need?"