Chapter 30 (You Used To)

AN: That's the preview of what Seo is going to wear on the Senior Prom ^^ #CountDown

***

It was a 5 seconds hug but she felt like it was forever. No matter how much she tried to fight her feelings off, she just could not help it. She really did miss him as well, more than she would ever care to admit. "I miss hanging out with you Annie." He said huskily, stroking her red hair gently.

She trembled, not at the breeze but because she was too overwhelmed. She pulled away, "W-Why are you doing this Alexander? Are you so fond of seeing me distraught over you? Why can't you just be a hateful ex just like every normal ex!? Why the hell do you have to be so perfect!!!"

He frowned, "Annie..."

She withdrew from his hug. "You used to my defender against bullies and thunders! You used to blow the dust off my wound whenever I scraped my knees, putting things to right. You used to hold my hand whenever I could not go to sleep when I was a child!" her voice began to crack again.

"And t-then so that papa would not get mad with me, you used to even eat my veggies fro me just so I would not cry! And when I am so tired hearing the love confessions of Marco, you used to give me an ear muffler just so I wouldn't have to hear him anymore. You used to be great! You were my knight and shining armor Alexander! What the hell happened?" her voice was so raw with hurt from reminiscing.

He shrugged sadly. "Yes, I used to be that kind of boy, Annie. But when will people realize that I have grown up too? And just because we used to be childhood crushes, that doesn't mean we can be childhood sweetheart forever! You should all stop acting like a victim, all the freaking time because you don't know that I get hurt too. Only at least I know how to apologize for my mistakes and own up to it."

She tried to open her mouth, only to close it again. He had a point. He frowned, "So I'm sorry again that you misinterpret what I just did right now. I only meant to apologize to you, hoping maybe we could still save something at least."

She looked down at the floor. "If that was the case then you should stop apologizing and top being so damn nice!" she raised her voice from frustration.

"Anastasia? Anak okay ka lang jan?" (my daughter are you okay in there?) her mother called her from downstairs when they heard her. Anne sighed, "Yes mama! Okay lang po ako." (Yes mother, I'm okay)

She faced Alexander, she bit her lips. "Goodbye Alexander. You have made your point already. Okay, fine. So please leave." She said it with a tone of finality in her voice.

He reluctantly nodded; he tried his best to understand. "Alright Annie, good night."