The First of Many

The air of the situation was tense. With Cyrus, Jaune, and Crishius on one side, and Project Beta on the other. Both sides stood still, facing the other, awaiting the other side to make the first move. From the top of the building, Weiss and Ren stood there, looking down at the battle that was sure to follow.

Ren: They're waiting. Waiting for the other to make some kind of move. Something, anything that would give them an opening to attack. It's a test of nerves.

Weiss: Shouldn't we help them?

Ren: We will, if they need us. For now, we wait.

The standoff continued. Both parties stood facing each other in complete silence. Nobody involved in this situation was making even the softest of sounds. All that could be heard was the distant gunfire of ongoing battles throughout the city. The air was thick with tension and it felt like something could happen at any moment. Soon enough the first move was made.

Jaune: It's time!

Jaune's eyes glowed with greater intensity as he charged forward in the blink of an eye. When he was within striking distance of Project Beta, he brought his sword above his head and let the full weight fall on the cyborg. His attack was like that of a medieval executioner beheading a criminal. But instead of the blade cutting through, it was blocked by the blades on one of Project Beta's gauntlets. The clash let loose a spray of sparks in every direction that fell and fizzled out on the ground.

Crishius: Cyrus, let's go!

Cyrus: Right.

Crishius and Cyrus lunged forward and unleashed their own attacks on their mechanical foe. Despite their best efforts, their attacks with their lightsabers were either blocked by the blades on the cyborg's gauntlets, or were deflected by the armor. This was extremely perplexing to all three of them. How was metal armor able to deflect the strikes of both vibroblades and lightsabers?

Jaune: Why won't you die!

Jaune was struck by one of Project Beta's metallic arms and staggered backwards. Immediately after this, the cyborg turned its attention to Cyrus. As much as both he and Darth Crishius tried, their foe's advance wasn't stopping. They gradually fell back until they were stuck between Project Beta and a nearby building. It was around this time that Jaune was able to regain his senses and notice the situation that Cyrus was in.

Jaune: Not so fast, rust bucket!

The Violet aura began to radiate around Jaune's sword as he charged forward and struck the side of Project Beta's head with everything he had. It nearly lost its footing, but against everything was able to stay upright. After staggering, the cyborg slowly turned back towards Jaune.

Jaune: That's right. I'm not finished with you yet!

Project Beta: Yes you are.

After a few blocked strikes from the cyborg, the lightsaber blades on one of its gauntlets was able to pierce all the way through Jaune's upper chest. Cyrus watched on, aghast as he saw Jaune's armored body fall to the ground, unmoving.

Cyrus under breath: No...

Crishius: Dammit...

Project Beta then turned back towards the two of them and prepared to finish them off as well.

Crishius: Cyrus, quickly! Do you have any kind of ranged attack?

Cyrus: Ranged attack? I- I don't-

A in Cyrus' head: Yes, you do. Do as I say, I'll tell you how to use it.

Cyrus listened for a moment as A instructed him.

Crishius: Well?

Cyrus: Yes, I have one. It will take a bit to charge up though.